Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with one of the few good dealers that I've dealt with, out of the list of 24 on my desk. They're local to me, and said they'd be happy to sell me a car at MSRP if they got an allocation. I've been talking to 2 different sales guys since about June. The first has already left the dealership, so I'm now on to a more senior guy who's been there for a long time. I've been regularly checking with him about their allocation status, and told him upfront that I was ONLY interested in an allocated car, because I didn't have the time to wait for a late car, or 2017. He understood that and kept pushing his buyer to see if/when they would get an allocation. They kind of figured by the 12th, that they just weren't going to get one.

He called me today and told me that his buyer just received an e-mail from their Regional Rep. ***ALLEGEDLY*** it said that they could try to order a car, but that retail order cars had about a 1% chance of being built for 2016 model year production.

Don't trust this any more than I WON'T, it's just another rumor. I didn't see the e-mail, and am not really in the position of asking their buyer to forward me a copy. Just wanted to pass on the rumor that I heard. This may just be one more chunk of mis-information floating around, but it sounds like this came strait from their Regional Rep's lips... who knows. ?? :confused:

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
the way i was reading is as follows ( and im assuming orders listed as Retail, are Non-Allocations )

Dealer 1 2 and 3

Dealer 1 is allocated 2 RS's, 1 in 1st Qarter and 1 and 3rd
Dealer 2 is 5 - 2 in 1st quarter, 2 in 2nd quarter, and 1 in 3rd
dealer 3 is allocated 2 - one in 2nd quarter, and one in 3rd

Ford can only make 4 total per quarter

Quarter 1 - Ford makes Dealer 1's, both of Dealer 2's and has one free slot, they put a Retail in.
Quarter 2 - Ford makes both of Dealer 2's and Both of Dealer 3's , no free slots, no retail orders built
Quarter 3 - Ford makes Dealer 1's LAST RS for the year, Dealer 2's LAST RS of the year, and Dealer 3's LAST RS of the year, they have a free slot, they put and build a retail order
Quarter 4 - Ford makes remaining Dealer Inventory / Screwups with remaining slots filled by Retail

the order the dealer's get built is dependant on which of the dealers numbers gets pulled ( think of a giant hat filled with Dealer's, if they pick 2 , 3, 1 then 2 will get built first, followed by 2 then 1 )

so think of it as playing the lottery,,, with a Car

So what orders will be filled? Just dealer stock?

·
Registered
89 Posts
It's all Greek to me! I see that under the post your DORA thread that the last post is an actual retail order DORA so I'm still hopeful!

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's all Greek to me! I see that under the post your DORA thread that the last post is an actual retail order DORA so I'm still hopeful!
From what distinguishing feature are you basing your comment "the last post is an actual retail order DORA"?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Because when I posted that yours was the last one at the time. Your order is a DORA, the rest of ours posted are VOC's and from what I understand order type 1 is retail...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Because when I posted that yours was the last one at the time. Your order is a DORA, the rest of ours posted are VOC's and from what I understand order type 1 is retail...
There are two DORA's posted on the first page. Lymerock posted the first one.

All orders are order type 1. This will help explain better: http://www.focusrs.org/forum/11-focus-rs-purchasing/908-ford-ordering-process-explained-start-finish.html

I have had a 15 year relationship with this dealer and was told they are allocated one and that order is mine so I am fairly confident it is from allocation. From my understanding, Ford will pull the orders based on the dealer code and priority to fulfill allocations.

·
Registered
89 Posts
All orders are not 1, some are 2. That is for dealer stock. My dealer told me they were allocated 5, three were orders, the other two would be for dealer stock.
Not trying to get in an argument with you I was just saying I'm hopeful I will get one and the original post says its only a one percent chance !

·
Registered
285 Posts
All orders are not 1, some are 2. That is for dealer stock. My dealer told me they were allocated 5, three were orders, the other two would be for dealer stock.
Not trying to get in an argument with you I was just saying I'm hopeful I will get one and the original post says only one percent of retail orders would be filled.
My comment implied customer ordered non-dealer allocated vs customer ordered dealer allocated orders as that is what has been being discussed. I don't think you are arguing and I was just clarifying what you were comprehending should not be true of my DORA, i.e. trying to prevent false information. I understand your post was just a clarification as well. It's all good haha

p.s. I hope everybody that wants one gets them.

·
Registered
325 Posts
So I spoke spoke with my local dealer I had been working with since April. He wasn't allocated one, so I placed a temporary retail order with him. I finally found a MSRP allocated order, so when I called to cancel, I was told he understood as yes, after talking with his regional rep told him he didn't really have a chance to see a 2016MY RS delivered. What sucks is that there was 4 other guys wanting to order an RS through this dealership. Regional Rep said his hands are tied. Ford chose the allocation and all allocation would be filled first, no retail orders would happen until after all dealers got their promised amount. So take it as you may, I heard it second hand, but the dealer hasn't lied since I started the process and has always made calls to the regional rep if he didn't know something.

·
Registered
386 Posts
So I spoke spoke with my local dealer I had been working with since April. He wasn't allocated one, so I placed a temporary retail order with him. I finally found a MSRP allocated order, so when I called to cancel, I was told he understood as yes, after talking with his regional rep told him he didn't really have a chance to see a 2016MY RS delivered. What sucks is that there was 4 other guys wanting to order an RS through this dealership. Regional Rep said his hands are tied. Ford chose the allocation and all allocation would be filled first, no retail orders would happen until after all dealers got their promised amount. So take it as you may, I heard it second hand, but the dealer hasn't lied since I started the process and has always made calls to the regional rep if he didn't know something.
It only comes as normal that they will first fill out dealer allocations and only then retail orders. The question for most of us is...if we really got dealer allocations or we are all under retail orders. If the second, then that red 2016 STi is looking mighty fine

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The rumor my sales manage told me today was that philadelphia region rs production will start early january and will be some of the first rs's delivered. I'll let you guys know how it drives and post some pic

·
Registered
78 Posts
How does Ford benefit from having such a limited production. They're totally dropping the ball here. I was at 2 dealerships today and they couldn't give me any info on getting on and all these markups. By the time they're available I'll be on the Type R or Speed3 train. They could pick up so many new Ford buyers if they had them ready sooner. Isn't that the main goal with the RS and new performance lineup Ford is producing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here is the email I got from the Regional Rep. I got the name of the rep from my dealer and emailed her myself.

Justin,

I am not sure who your dealer is but I cannot confirm that a dealer will get a Focus RS. . However, I can tell you that none of the dealers that are in my Zone will be getting allocation for this vehicle. .

Seeing as though you seem to work for Ford Motor Company you must be aware that there are Contact Dealers ( Large Dealerships) and Select Dealer (smaller Dealers) All of my dealers are Select Dealers.. The Contact dealers will probably be getting one or two but I do not have that information.

Thank You,
T

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
the way i was reading is as follows ( and im assuming orders listed as Retail, are Non-Allocations )

Dealer 1 2 and 3

Dealer 1 is allocated 2 RS's, 1 in 1st Qarter and 1 and 3rd
Dealer 2 is 5 - 2 in 1st quarter, 2 in 2nd quarter, and 1 in 3rd
dealer 3 is allocated 2 - one in 2nd quarter, and one in 3rd

Ford can only make 4 total per quarter

Quarter 1 - Ford makes Dealer 1's, both of Dealer 2's and has one free slot, they put a Retail in.
Quarter 2 - Ford makes both of Dealer 2's and Both of Dealer 3's , no free slots, no retail orders built
Quarter 3 - Ford makes Dealer 1's LAST RS for the year, Dealer 2's LAST RS of the year, and Dealer 3's LAST RS of the year, they have a free slot, they put and build a retail order
Quarter 4 - Ford makes remaining Dealer Inventory / Screwups with remaining slots filled by Retail

the order the dealer's get built is dependant on which of the dealers numbers gets pulled ( think of a giant hat filled with Dealer's, if they pick 2 , 3, 1 then 2 will get built first, followed by 2 then 1 )

so think of it as playing the lottery,,, with a Car
Will the dealer know at some point when their allocation is scheduled? My dealer only has one and it's for me. Priority 10.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
as far as i know, its only when its status changes to scheduled and a VIN is given

i quickly looked over this, seems good Ford Allocations, Priorities and Scheduling , it was linked on here earlier today, cant find the post though i had to dig through my browser history

Will the dealer know at some point when their allocation is scheduled? My dealer only has one and it's for me. Priority 10.

Thanks,

Jim

1 - 20 of 37 Posts