Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, been reading a lot of good info on the site for he past 2 weeks - so long time reader, first time poster.

I also live in the in SE Michigan area and am very seriously considering buying a 2016 RS. I got kind of a late start calling around to dealers in SE MI and see my chances of getting allocations are gone around this area. So I may need to consider out of state or non-local dealers. I will be doing some traveling over the holiday weekend so I will let you know how it goes.

Hope to get to know a few of you - stay in touch.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Hi everyone, been reading a lot of good info on the site for he past 2 weeks - so long time reader, first time poster.

I also live in the in SE Michigan area and am very seriously considering buying a 2016 RS. I got kind of a late start calling around to dealers in SE MI and see my chances of getting allocations are gone around this area. So I may need to consider out of state or non-local dealers. I will be doing some traveling over the holiday weekend so I will let you know how it goes.

Hope to get to know a few of you - stay in touch.
Hey Lou. Check with Varsity Ford in Ann arbor. Last I heard 3-4/weeks ago, they still had two allocations available. Good luck man!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Varsity Ford was sold out the weekend of October 17th, or so I was told when I called them then. The sales manager I spoke with told me they had 10 allocations and that they sold the last one on 10/15. Of course that's not to say someone hasn't backed out of their preorder. I ended up preordering with an out of state dealer who I've purchased from in the past, unfortunately this dealer has already sold both of their 2 allocations. Try running a search on the forum as I thought I remembered seeing a thread listing some dealers with open allocations.

...Oh and welcome to the forum and good luck on your search.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome Lou and good luck with your search!

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Welcome, and I also hope your search goes well. Cast a wide net and be persistent!

Jim

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Persistence Pays Off

Thanks for the encouragement. It turns out that in my hometown of NE PA there were 3 dealerships I contacted that had 1 allocation vehicle that was not spoken for.

The first dealer I contacted - Gibbons Ford - straight out said 5K ADM to take my order.
The next dealer I contacted - Coccia Ford - said to come on in and negotiate some sort of ADM in the "thousands"
The next dealer I contacted - Barber Ford -said no mention of ADM. So I went there this afternoon and placed 1K deposit on their allocation. I went with the Nitrous Blue, Sunroof, and Forged Wheels. I look forward to the 560 mile drive back in the spring if all goes well :eek:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Congrats on the pickup. It too was my experience that depending on the dealer this could be a great or lousy experience. Happy you were able to score an allocation and I'm excited to see the growing group in SE Mi!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts