Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went into my local dealer yesterday and they had about 10-15 new mustangs, in every color of the rainbow. Red, orange, green... I walked away just feeling sad with the RS options. Why Ford???

/rant

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I went into my local dealer yesterday and they had about 10-15 new mustangs, in every color of the rainbow. Red, orange, green... I walked away just feeling sad with the RS options. Why Ford???

/rant
You are preaching to the choir - I really, really wanted Race Red

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
520 Posts
Even though I decided against nitrous blue out of fear of law enforcement attention, if the new RS was offered in that roid screaming bright green from the previous generations I think I'd go for that. I would've went with the blue if it were more like the liquid blue from the concept car.

Oh well, frozen white will suffice for me :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
So, I have been wrestling with this since the colors were announced. I agree, a burnt orange or even a pearl white should have been offered. I settled on the nitrous blue. Why? Love the black but a daily driver black car in Colorado? Done that PIA. White....wanted a pearl white, I really like the frozen white, but it just doesn't pop for me. Grey, like the grey, but I have had Audi avants for 12 years and they have either been silver or some shade of grey. Frankly, every car out there seems to be black, white or grey. To me the blue is just awesome. I get the "be low key and stealth" but I have owned the debadged, fast, but low key looking Audi...I'm over it. Consider me a crusader adding a little spice and flare to the open road one mile at a time.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
There's already a unique orange and yellow which i'd hate to take from the STs. The only other options would really be green (which has been done before on RS) or a special red. It woulda been cool to see a special red but I dont know what theyd do for a color that would be different from race red or ruby red metallic.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I think a big reason why we have a limited color choice is Ford went with the bright blue calipers. It wouldn't look good with a lot of colors IMO. I could see the lime green, or maybe even the right shade of orange working, but yellow and red wouldn't look right to me. What I haven't seen many people mention is a midnight indigo/purple color. That would look sinister on this car.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
I think a big reason why we have a limited color choice is Ford went with the bright blue calipers. It wouldn't look good with a lot of colors IMO. I could see the lime green, or maybe even the right shade of orange working, but yellow and red wouldn't look right to me. What I haven't seen many people mention is a midnight indigo/purple color. That would look sinister on this car.
It's an option in the UK. Offering it as standard here in the US is one of those nonsensical choices that doesn't seem to have any logic behind it. Basing the limited exterior colors off of what would otherwise be an optional extra would not make any sense.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Oh, that would have been a wonderful option. I would have loved a deep metallic purple! Can we find a way to make that an option in the US?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
25 Participants
Focus112
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing