• Picture 4

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Picture 5

Votes: 4 9.3%
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
My color vision is far from perfect but I'm going with 3 because of that metallic.

Reactions: AnarchyMotive

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
1 is looking REALLY light to me. Obviously the screen you're looking at it on will affect everything but it looks way too light.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
3 looks pretty darn spot on but if you put flake in 2 I could live with that lol

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
1 is looking REALLY light to me. Obviously the screen you're looking at it on will affect everything but it looks way too light.
You can't match this with a poll on even a $500 monitor.

Even on a color accurate Eizo monitor thats been properly calibrated won't be able to replicate the flake/metallic effect of the 4 stage paint.

if you really want to get into photography and are serious you need a color accurate display. Eizo is the standard in the printing industry when a color accurate calibrated display is needed.
ColorEdge Professional Color Management Monitors

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can't match this with a poll on even a $500 monitor.

Even on a color accurate Eizo monitor thats been properly calibrated won't be able to replicate the flake/metallic effect of the 4 stage paint.

if you really want to get into photography and are serious you need a color accurate display. Eizo is the standard in the printing industry when a color accurate calibrated display is needed.
ColorEdge Professional Color Management Monitors
Even matching a powder coat to a paint is nearly impossible. Even if you're doing it in person haha. Best I can do is get close.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It looks like 2 with a silver metallic is basically the winner.

So I think that's what we'll go with. It'll have really nice depth too since we're essentially shooting 2 coats on it.

·
Registered
720 Posts
It looks like 2 with a silver metallic is basically the winner.

So I think that's what we'll go with. It'll have really nice depth too since we're essentially shooting 2 coats on it.
Sounds Awesome. Is it possible to see one done when you have the product. I'm looking forward to the 6 speed with the small RS logo in the center on the Atlas shifter knob

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Will the two coats help with the knob getting hot/cold?

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sounds Awesome. Is it possible to see one done when you have the product. I'm looking forward to the 6 speed with the small RS logo in the center on the Atlas shifter knob
I probably won't shoot one before I shoot the whole batch at a time.

Will the two coats help with the knob getting hot/cold?
Yeah, it'll definitely help keep temps more normal.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts