1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've also run amsoil in everything since I started racing two strokes. They make very good oil. Really working well in my rs.

·
Registered
287 Posts
i like their products in general, what kind of $$ are we looking at for a 6 qt. oil change? i've been staying stock for the sake of warranty but i definitely trust them if i was going to switch.

·
Registered
203 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
i like their products in general, what kind of $$ are we looking at for a 6 qt. oil change? i've been staying stock for the sake of warranty but i definitely trust them if i was going to switch.
What part of your warranty are you concerned with? There are several non-Motorcraft options which meet the specification written in the owners manual.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you have a black Rs I swear I have seen it in Sunset parked on those little side streets.
also everyday you should shoot for this. if your heading toward seal beach and need to make a right on to seal beach blvd, this is fun... sport mode,traction turned off... get up to speed over the bridge and keep it in 4th, when you get to the right turn lane and right when you hit the first sign down shift into 2nd and let the engine brake for you but keep your RPM in the pwr band. take the r turn a little wide and jump on the gas just after you turn in, stay on the gas and the back should swing around and aim for the middle lanes... its alot of fun.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
I've used the stuff for 20 years now. To give you an idea. When I had my STi, it was tuned. Catted DP, CBE, intake, EBCS, etc. I would send, every oil change, and oil sample to Blackstone. First at 5k, Blackstone said Amsoil was fine, go a few more k. Man this went on and I was up to 12k miles on oil changes, on a Stage 2 car that I didn't beat on like a stepchild, but definitely drove it spiritedly every damn drive. Last oil change I did was a 12k interval where they were telling me to go longer next time. And I sold it.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Which Amsoil meet Fords Specifications?

I've been reading up on lspi and the Motorcraft 5W-50 has an elevated level of Calcium, which in several studies has been found to be a significant contributor to the lspi "super knock" engine destroyer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts