Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
I'd like to know how it turns out and how difficult an install it is.

I was looking at these and was going to ask the guy selling them if they had been installed on a US version car yet as our clutch is differant the the UK version, theirs is metal and ours is plastic.

Also once you have them installed how is the spacing between the brake and gas? Is it to close that you might inadvertently get on the gas when try brake? Also do you have any spacer already installed on the gas petal?

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Haha, I just got the same set. Installing today. Facebook sourced. Laser Andy Connolly Custom Pedals.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
All good questions. FWIW, if it is too close, he will also make the accelerator pedal without the heel toe bump. I am worried about it too with my size 12 feet.
I'd like to know how it turns out and how difficult an install it is.

I was looking at these and was going to ask the guy selling them if they had been installed on a US version car yet as our clutch is differant the the UK version, theirs is metal and ours is plastic.

Also once you have them installed how is the spacing between the brake and gas? Is it to close that you might inadvertently get on the gas when try brake? Also do you have any spacer already installed on the gas petal?

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
@mikesk How did you get the brake pedal done???? I tried like crazy today but I kept getting interference on the upper right bolt? Did you use the stock supplied bolt and lock nut? The others were a piece of cake. Did my accelerator pedal spacer at the same time (thin one).

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@mikesk How did you get the brake pedal done???? I tried like crazy today but I kept getting interference on the upper right bolt? Did you use the stock supplied bolt and lock nut? The others were a piece of cake. Did my accelerator pedal spacer at the same time (thin one).
These pedal covers were not made for our north American pedals. I had to cut the fastener threads by half and use a thinner nut, the self locking nut is too tall. How did your accelerator cover turn out, I cut my lower pedal about 1/4".

·
Registered
510 Posts
Our clutch is plastic, but the brake is metal. It is a biiiiitch to drill out, especially since the lever arm runs down the back of the pedal face. It took me ~2 hours to drill out and install my pedals, any 75% of that was the brake pedal.

I didn't use these pedals, I instead used a set of universal Sparco pedals (03779an) along with a spacer from Lil CNC Shop / @Aracheon and I've been loving it. Learned to heel-toe and have gotten quite smooth with it. I DID remove the dogleg/kickout on the gas pedal, as I was clipping both pedals on hard braking whenever I was not wearing driving shoes. This may be partly because I had to offset the brake pedal a little towards the gas, due to the lever arm of the brake preventing a "centered" mount, so maybe you guys will be able to get by without removing it. YMMV.

I have an HPDE session next week, and I might actually remove the spacer for those 2 days. It's great on the street, but I notice that on AX days, under HARD braking, it puts the gas pedal a little too high. May just be air in the system, so after I flush/bleed the brakes and install SS lines, if the throw is shorter, I might leave it in.

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
Exactly the same for me. I sent MC a message on Facebook re the issue and then I saw your post. I told him I would see how you made it work and then get back to him. Perhaps he can let NA customers know the issue or supply some different parts.
These pedal covers were not made for our north American pedals. I had to cut the fastener threads by half and use a thinner nut, the self locking nut is too tall. How did your accelerator cover turn out, I cut my lower pedal about 1/4".

Reactions: neox.286

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Exactly the same for me. I sent MC a message on Facebook re the issue and then I saw your post. I told him I would see how you made it work and then get back to him. Perhaps he can let NA customers know the issue or supply some different parts.
if you would be so kind could you keep us updated on this? I'm definitely interested but in no rush and am perfectly fine waiting until this issue is resolved

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
@neox.286 - So I ended up getting a shorter m3 x .5 thread, 2mm hex head, bolt and a thin nut to try to get it to fit. It does now but not perfectly. See photos below. It is on and very securely but the end of the bolt still interferes with the metal pedal arm and so it is off angle a small amount. I can live with it for now, as it is completely unnoticeable to me when driving. But I am going to see what I can do to get it perfect. In general though the set is quite nice and it works for me heel-toeing. Not sure if I am going to leave the thin spacer on the accelerator but so far so good for street. Just for FYI - the bolt I am using is 10mm long. The supplied is even longer. And 6mm is too short. So I ordered a set of 8mm and a smaller locking nut as well from BoltDepot.com. Soon as I get it and install, I will let everyone know if that is the perfect fix.

IMG_2895.jpg IMG_2896.jpg IMG_2897.jpg IMG_2898.jpg
if you would be so kind could you keep us updated on this? I'm definitely interested but in no rush and am perfectly fine waiting until this issue is resolved

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
@neox.286 an UPDATE: I have been PMing with LAC on FB and sent him pics. He is amazing. Messaged me back to say, yes, I am aware of the issue and already have a new design for the rear bracket on the brake pedal that will take care of it. He is shipping it to me next week when it is ready. He also has this in manufacturing going forward so folks with our pedals can order the correct ones going forward. @neox.286, you should FB Messenger him, I am sure he will take care of you too. FOR OTHERS INTERESTED IN ORDERING FOR US PEDAL SET: He has 5 more sets in production now that will be ready next week. IM him on Facebook to order. He is super nice and customer service focused. The pedals are really beautiful. And based questions ai saw him asking the group on his Facebook page (search for Laser Andy Connolly) it looks like he may be making a sweet dead pedal too.
@neox.286 - So I ended up getting a shorter m3 x .5 thread, 2mm hex head, bolt and a thin nut to try to get it to fit. It does now but not perfectly. See photos below. It is on and very securely but the end of the bolt still interferes with the metal pedal arm and so it is off angle a small amount. I can live with it for now, as it is completely unnoticeable to me when driving. But I am going to see what I can do to get it perfect. In general though the set is quite nice and it works for me heel-toeing. Not sure if I am going to leave the thin spacer on the accelerator but so far so good for street. Just for FYI - the bolt I am using is 10mm long. The supplied is even longer. And 6mm is too short. So I ordered a set of 8mm and a smaller locking nut as well from BoltDepot.com. Soon as I get it and install, I will let everyone know if that is the perfect fix.

View attachment 200090 View attachment 200098 View attachment 200106 View attachment 200114

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
@neox.286 an UPDATE: I have been PMing with LAC on FB and sent him pics. He is amazing. Messaged me back to say, yes, I am aware of the issue and already have a new design for the rear bracket on the brake pedal that will take care of it. He is shipping it to me next week when it is ready. He also has this in manufacturing going forward so folks with our pedals can order the correct ones going forward. @neox.286, you should FB Messenger him, I am sure he will take care of you too. FOR OTHERS INTERESTED IN ORDERING FOR US PEDAL SET: He has 5 more sets in production now that will be ready next week. IM him on Facebook to order. He is super nice and customer service focused. The pedals are really beautiful. And based questions ai saw him asking the group on his Facebook page (search for Laser Andy Connolly) it looks like he may be making a sweet dead pedal too.
awesome, I will get ahold of him soon but right now I have a priority of paying for the remainder of my rollcage - but this is definitely on my list after that is taken care of

1 - 20 of 77 Posts