Ford Focus RS Forum banner

281 - 296 of 296 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Exist2Resist and I did a loop of some of my favourite winter roads through the mountains today.

It was great fun.

Based on my winter mountain drives in the past, I switched my winter tyres to Nokian Hakka 9s. Exist2Resist kept his PA4s.

One section high in the mountains was a mix of mostly ice and snow. I had much better grip and never slid. The Nokians let me blast past nervous SUV drivers with ease.

On the route back to Calgary we were much lower in elevation. The road was clear tarmac. Exist2Resist had much better grip there and left me in the dust.

We plan a few more of these afternoon and occasional weekend trips. I've got another route through the BC interior - one for winter and one summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
It was good fun, even though I needed a change of pants after my close call, lol. Kidding.
Looking forward to the next drive, we should do Ghost Lake when we get back down to freezing.
Also for some reason the colour on you pic is way off.

IMG_20180121_133411.jpg

·
Registered
233 Posts
I'm liking the activity on here! My wife and I are actually planning on driving down to Canmore this Saturday for a little day drive.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well have had the pressure test done, passed that only 977 km should have lol, so getting the head gasket replaced parts ordered. I think calling ahead to your preferred dealership is a good idea, here at Advantage Ford they guys are up to speed with the FSA but still not everyone will have the parts just sitting there. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Well have had the pressure test done, passed that only 977 km should have lol, so getting the head gasket replaced parts ordered. I think calling ahead to your preferred dealership is a good idea, here at Advantage Ford they guys are up to speed with the FSA but still not everyone will have the parts just sitting there. Just my 2 cents.
Do you happen to know if they're stocking the kits, or will they order it based on the pressure test?
My worry is that I'll be travelling out of town to do this and if they need to replace the head, I may not be able to stay in town more than 4-5 days.

Lastly, are they providing Ford loaners during this work?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Do you happen to know if they're stocking the kits, or will they order it based on the pressure test?
My worry is that I'll be travelling out of town to do this and if they need to replace the head, I may not be able to stay in town more than 4-5 days.

Lastly, are they providing Ford loaners during this work?
Parts are here will be done on Monday. Loaners are available, just call and book it in.

·
Registered
233 Posts
The FSA says to inspect, and conduct the pressure test first. Then depending on if it passes or fails, place an order for either the gasket kit, or a head and gasket kit. Looks like USA stock on both kits.. It has to be a VIN specific order placed by the service department so you could be waiting about a week or so for parts. My car is coming in on Monday, I don't think I'll need a head, 36,000+ km and no white smoke, loss of coolant or sweet smells. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
294 Posts
So I figured I might re-use a set of Project Kics R40 lug nuts (in black chrome) from the Focus, but turns out I won't have need of them. It's a locking set (4 locks, 16 lugs) and were only used from April-October last year (so in really good condition). If anyone is interested in some high-end lug nuts, shoot me a PM on here. Looking $200.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Mine's in for the recall at Advantage in a couple weeks. Hoping it goes smoothly; I'm pretty worried.
Anyone have theirs completed and any feedback so far? I'm calling today to confirm if the updated parts will be done too (fuel line and fuel pump bolts).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Mine's in for the recall at Advantage in a couple weeks. Hoping it goes smoothly; I'm pretty worried.
Anyone have theirs completed and any feedback so far? I'm calling today to confirm if the updated parts will be done too (fuel line and fuel pump bolts).
Finally getting mine done next week will let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Yeah that’s Oleg’s old car. He sold/gave it to his gf. I don’t get why someone would put a wing like that and still be on stock wheels and stock ride height.. anyways to each their own it’s not my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yeah that’s Oleg’s old car. He sold/gave it to his gf. I don’t get why someone would put a wing like that and still be on stock wheels and stock ride height.. anyways to each their own it’s not my car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dunno why you'd do a wing like that lowered or stock height :p

281 - 296 of 296 Posts