Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I can start a thread for the Alabama RS future owners. I have a Stealth Grey, RS2 selected for scheduling. Can't wait till it get here. Current Ride 2013 ST1 in Tangerine Scream.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a Stealth Grey, RS1 with forged wheels/SSC tires. Not selected yet but still cant wait. Current ride is a turbocharged 2002 berlina black s2000.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are the rest of the Alabama future RS owners, we should have at least three more, by looking at the map. I ordered my car from Long Lewis Ford in Birmingham who had two allocations, at MSRP. Adamson Ford had one allocation but wanted some ADM, which they would not share until the car came in, and Town and Country Ford said they had two allocations, but never gave me a firm price. Where did you other guys buy yours in Alabama.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When did you place your order? When the order banks first opened they wouldn't tie down the price, said they wanted to see what the other dealers were going to charge. I went and talked to the GM with my checkbook in hand and he would not give me a firm price, great that you were able to get it for MSRP!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I didnt place my order till later, mid december, He said it was the first one they had ordered

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called back my salesman (David G.) and told him he lost my business for not selling to me at MSRP, so maybe they got the message. Have you given your order number and dealer number over on the order Status page to see if it has been scheduled yet?

·
Registered
50 Posts
lol, thats my salesman too, still unsceduled as of yesterday hope I get picked up today. Do we have any AL orders sceduled?

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't look like it, according to the map we only have four members in Alabama, Lastdoughnut shows from Montgomery but for some reason doesn't show up on the map. So I guess we have 5 members. Hopefully we will get some good news today.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks my mine got scheduled for a Feb 10 build, also notices we have a new Alabama member, Bamabob.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't believe they will not ship most if not all of the cars on the same ship, maybe one east coast one west coast, but I wouldn't think there are enough cars coming from Germany without the RS's to make a load. The only other car that I thought was coming from Germany was the Fiesta's.

·
Registered
52 Posts
What's up guys and maybe girls.

I got the one and only allocation down at Sandy Sansing Ford in Daphne. I am stationed over in Mobile but Mullinax had already sold their allocation when I inquired after I wrecked my ST. However I didn't check any of the other dealers around Mobile. I did get it for MSRP though fully loaded Nitrous Blue RS2 Package, with upgraded wheels, not the tires though.
My dealer Bryan happened to message me on the focusST forums about a month ago just to find more local ST users, then i told him my story of how i wrecked my ST and I was interested in the RS and he totally hooked me up. My wife is currently in boot camp for the Coast Guard(like me) so I've been driving around in her Mini. When she graduates at the end of the month we will be a single car family both active duty Coast Guard stationed at 2 different bases in Mobile. So Bryan talked with his managers and they are going to lend me a different car per week, so they can sell them, until my RS gets here! I couldn't believe how awesome they helped me out. Hopefully they won't charge me at the end though. Haha fingers crossed.

Anyways sorry for the long winded post, I am definitely interested in a meet up once we all get our cars!

God Speed

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome Volt, my car, Stealth Grey RS2 was on the scheduled to be built 2/10 then got moved back to selected for scheduling and looks like this weekend got updated to scheduled to be built 3/2. So maybe the 2nd time it will work out. I know it will probably be 6-8 weeks after being built but we can hope for an earlier ship.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My order was placed back in late October, but if the car has not been built they should be able to change the color, which dealer are you working with.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was able to place my order at the beginning of February. And I was able to get all the specs/color I wanted. So that was cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have a new build date of 4/20 so maybe third time is the charm.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts