Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let your new Ford Focus 2016-2017 roar and wake up its hidden power with Stainless Works 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System at CARiD. Available for ST and RS models, this exhaust system is constructed out of mandrel-bent 304 stainless steel tubing and improves airflow resulting in better sound and more power. It features round chambered mufflers and mirror-polished, 304 stainless steel, slash-cut, double-wall tips. No modifications to the rear fascia are required as it uses the factory exit locations.

This Focus exhaust kit includes hangers and clamps and attaches to factory connection points. There's no doubt you'll be turning heads and getting compliments from other enthusiasts for the deep growling race sound this system generates. Listen it by yourself, if you doesn't believe us:

Features:

- Aggressive exhaust growl
- 3" diameter system
- 3" AFM Valve Delete Ground
- Mirror-polished tips
- 304 stainless steel construction with maximum resistance to corrosion
- TIG welded for strength
- Mandrel bent (no buckling) for optimal flow
- Ensures years of reliable and trouble-free service.

Stainless Works® - 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System

Provide your Ford Focus with aggressive exhaust tone and release it's full potential with Stainless Works 304 SS Cat-Back Exhaust System at CARiD.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Since this is a Focus RS forum, it would be nice to hear the exhaust system on an RS not an ST. The ST doesn't have the pops and burbles that the RS has. How those pops and burbles sound out of an exhaust system is a major deciding factor for me.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
here is some video I took, my car is un-tune with their Catted downpipe and Catback.

Strange how their system so heavily favors the left tailpipe for flow. Get some videos driving so people can hear it under load. Your video sounds better than the SW video, but it isn't my cup of tea so I hope you like it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Strange how their system so heavily favors the left tailpipe for flow. Get some videos driving so people can hear it under load. Your video sounds better than the SW video, but it isn't my cup of tea so I hope you like it!
Yes it dose favors the left tailpipe, they told me left (active valve side) it's more free flow/strange thru design. when the valve is closed exhaust gas will force pass thru a set of perforated chamber exit to the right. When the valve is closed on normal mode driving it's no drone. At WOT it have a very unique sound that its definitely different. :D

·
Registered
338 Posts
I can't believe the amount of exhaust systems that are out there for this car.
And a multitude of philosophies, too: catted/decatted down pipes, resonated/non-resonated, muffler/muffler delete, valved/non-valved or just bypassed, not to mention materials. So many variables it's hard to choose what's best by internet vids.

And what's with the supposed US cars with Euro diffuser and light? SW is a US company but the test vehicle has it along with @PoonRacing? What am I missing? Are ppl retrofitting these?

·
Registered
37 Posts
And what's with the supposed US cars with Euro diffuser and light? SW is a US company but the test vehicle has it along with @PoonRacing? What am I missing? Are ppl retrofitting these?
Yes Sir I added the Euro diffuser on my US car and I know few other people did the same.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Where's that guy that wanted the single exit exhaust? ;)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Bump - any updates from people who have this exhaust? Any drone on freeway?

It seems to check all the right boxes for me: maintains exhaust valve, 304 Stainless, sounds good, and is reasonably priced. Plus, SW has an excellent reputation in the Mustang world.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
here is some video I took, my car is un-tune with their Catted downpipe and Catback.

You know what I find most entertaining? In the 2nd video just prior to each "pop" you can see the tips suck some exhaust gas back inside.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
You know what I find most entertaining? In the 2nd video just prior to each "pop" you can see the tips suck some exhaust gas back inside.
Most likely creating vaccuum as the gas ignites in the exhaust and consumes the air.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Most likely creating vaccuum as the gas ignites in the exhaust and consumes the air.
I'm aware, but it doesn't stop me from being giddy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts