1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,360 Posts
The Steamspeed one is really cheap right now and they are good FMIC:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Good price , vivid racing can be sketchy to so sales with FYI . If they determine ehh don’t want to or another bs reason chances are u may not get that cooler to actually show up. Will Email ya offering another option 😉 F those guys

·
Registered
905 Posts

The welds will break due to bad design 😉🤘🏼

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good price , vivid racing can be sketchy to so sales with FYI . If they determine ehh don’t want to or another bs reason chances are u may not get that cooler to actually show up. Will Email ya offering another option 😉 F those guys
Yeah, after some Googling I gathered that Vivid Racing makes decent stuff but their customer service leaves something to be desired.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,348 Posts
Yeah, after some Googling I gathered that Vivid Racing makes decent stuff but their customer service leaves something to be desired.
While that may be true for some, I will say that I have had nothing but good experiences with them. At least with the guy I always deal with. Over the past few years, I've bought both my sets of TE37s from them, along with a set of KW DDC coilovers, center caps for both sets of said TE37s, and (in total) 3 sets of Project Kics R40 Iconix lug nuts. While some parts did take a while to arrive (overnight parts from Japan), the expectations were set at the beginning, and everything arrived when expected.

·
Registered
195 Posts
The welds will break due to bad design 😉🤘🏼
Citation needed. Not that I don't believe you, you probably know what you're talking about, just really the first I've heard of cracking with steamspeeds stuff across any platform.

Heard of ETS stuff cracking across multiple platforms including our own, mountune....

In any case, mine came in Friday and looks like a work of art, I'll hope it doesn't crack. Where and why can I expect it to crack.

·
Registered
2017 Black RS
348 Posts
Vivid is cool. I had been to their retail store several times (when it existed), and they also tried to help me recently find somewhere local that sold brake fluid I was looking for.

As for their intercooler, I think it's the smallest one that's available for our cars... though it's also the lightest (other than OE). Maybe I have a big spreadsheet with a bunch of intercooler stats so I can compare....... maybe not :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Citation needed. Not that I don't believe you, you probably know what you're talking about, just really the first I've heard of cracking with steamspeeds stuff across any platform.

Heard of ETS stuff cracking across multiple platforms including our own, mountune....

In any case, mine came in Friday and looks like a work of art, I'll hope it doesn't crack. Where and why can I expect it to crack.
I know two people personally who have cracked ones. The issue use the mount and undercutting on the weld . Needs much more surface area to be long term I think.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Screwed me over on the only two orders I’ve ever done. Insane amount of bs I’m good found other vendors who care 😉

·
Registered
2018 Ford Focus RS
143 Posts
Agency power/vivid is descent stuff. I have there exhaust and it’s pretty good quality. I have the ets front mount and nothing but satisfaction with that. Sometimes someone has a bad experience with a company and it’s unfortunate but doesn’t mean the company is crap.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I know two people personally who have cracked ones. The issue use the mount and undercutting on the weld . Needs much more surface area to be long term I think.
I have like 35k miles on my SS intercooler. I did notice when installed it, the holes didn't line up that great with the car, and would have stressed the IC if mounted as is. So I drilled the holes out on the top mounts and turned a spacer to slide in then everything lined up as expected. It was maybe an hour of work, but the IC and solid hose kit was like 400$ if I remember right, which is cheaper than most other IC's by themselves.

Reactions: Shimmer

·
Registered
9 Posts

Steamspeed looked appealing for the price and had reasonable reviews from a few years back. But...

Not sure if something is up with them. Charged credit card, created shipping label on the 7th with estimated delivery the 9th, but it's never been dropped off to UPS. Emailed/called after the 9th passed and haven't gotten a response.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Jipped.....

·
Premium Member
65 Posts
Steamspeed looked appealing for the price and had reasonable reviews from a few years back. But...

Not sure if something is up with them. Charged credit card, created shipping label on the 7th with estimated delivery the 9th, but it's never been dropped off to UPS. Emailed/called after the 9th passed and haven't gotten a response.

I ordered mine on June 27 and received it on July 7th.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Interestingly I heard back from them on Monday after I disputed the charge with the credit card. They said they were on vacation the last couple weeks, somebody new was doing order fulfillment, and the boxes had just been sitting there waiting for UPS to pick them up. UPS tracking updated yesterday and is suppose to be here today. Fingers crossed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts