Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
I just read a post about the quality of spec-d lights, it wasn’t good. Gulp! You may want to research it in this forum. If you don’t have to change lights for inspection like, like I do, maybe tinting OEM isn’t a bad idea...?
You should post a link....

..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Mine isn't a daily-driver at all, but I use mine for mostly road-trips... Ironically enough, have had these installed for two years now this month.

So far, all the LEDs function normally... I have noticed at certain times of the day, in the summer bright sunlight, the LEDs appear a little weak/faint.

But it depends on the direction/angle/height when looking at them from the rear. Typically one side is sorta blinded by bright sun light and the other [due to body angle] the LEDs shines thru.

Again, the reverse LEDs [at night], are too weak for me to see in the rear.

I do have tint on all four doors & the rear hatch [boot?].... So I'm watching another post here on converting a CN/US/MXDM RS rear diffuser to a European market one with the center light.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Here some pics. I went with there "black" option this leave the red light white when its not on and with the smoked option I personally didnt like how dark they were. I like how the white flows better. All in all solid headlights no problems with visibility when reversing (I dont have tint on the car) and the fitment is solid no issues installing hopfully they hold up for a long time as they are rather expensive at $270

·
Registered
23 Posts
Here some pics. I went with there "black" option this leave the red light white when its not on and with the smoked option I personally didnt like how dark they were. I like how the white flows better. All in all solid headlights no problems with visibility when reversing (I dont have tint on the car) and the fitment is solid no issues installing hopfully they hold up for a long time as they are rather expensive at $270

View attachment 336432 View attachment 336433 View attachment 336434
I'm just now looking to change up my taillights and searched everywhere for some decent pics of the Black ones. Thanks for posting these best example out there. The Smoke ones look sick but I'm worried about visibility and the law. Plus I have a frozen white example and being able to see the white light bar in the middle will look sick!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I'm just now looking to change up my taillights and searched everywhere for some decent pics of the Black ones. Thanks for posting these best example out there. The Smoke ones look sick but I'm worried about visibility and the law. Plus I have a frozen white example and being able to see the white light bar in the middle will look sick!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
My pleasure, glad I could help some of you out

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I got mine from Redline 360 - $299 + shipping
Outstanding quality! Fit is OEM or better. I couldn’t be happier! No more school bus look. Read there add closely. I think the smoke is darker than the black. I bought the darkest. I love the look.....but.....the turn signals (yellow) and the brake lites (red) are not what you would call “safe” in bright light. It’s not a deal breaker though. No problem with running lights. They look like neon. They are also illegal in Pa. I questioned the police (my daughter) about this and tinted windows. She said, if you have them on a “nice” car you’re probably ok. If you have them on a rusted out Neon with a spare doughnut on the front, the tint will be “just cause” to make sure you’re not rolling dirty. Read profiling.
View attachment 336032

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
UPDATE....I can’t recommend the Spec D, LED lights. They worked fine when I covered car for winter storage. Got her out for mid winter detail, and was disappointed to find the right turn signal is always on. It still works as a signal, but gives a “fast flash” on the dash, like a burnt out bulb. I tried to dissemble unit to see if it was repairable, and had no success. Fearing this could compromise the stock electrics, I removed them.
These lights have maybe 200, smooth road, no rain (washed) miles.
Someplace in this forum is a conversation about this very product. Please find it before you pony up $300. Sorry I can’t link you, I suck at that sort of thing.....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
The quality of these aftermarket tails is what has been holding me back from pulling the trigger. Well that and the abysmal turn signal brightness from what I've seen on the SpecD. I wonder if QuantiTec tail lights are any better?

·
Registered
440 Posts
The quality of these aftermarket tails is what has been holding me back from pulling the trigger. Well that and the abysmal turn signal brightness from what I've seen on the SpecD. I wonder if QuantiTec tail lights are any better?
I'm pretty sure they are the same original manufacture then re-branded.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
UPDATE....I can’t recommend the Spec D, LED lights. They worked fine when I covered car for winter storage. Got her out for mid winter detail, and was disappointed to find the right turn signal is always on. It still works as a signal, but gives a “fast flash” on the dash, like a burnt out bulb. I tried to dissemble unit to see if it was repairable, and had no success. Fearing this could compromise the stock electrics, I removed them.
Someplace in this forum is a conversation about this very product. Please find it before you pony up $300. Sorry I can’t link you, I suck at that sort of thing.....
Dam, Sorry to hear. I've only had mine for a few months and Ive been daily driving in everything, snow, rain, freezing rain, and havent had an issue with the taillights. But with these aftermarket electronics your sometimes rolling the dice on quality. Maybe reach out to spec d if they can help you out?

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
That's why I purchased through Amazon with my AMEX. 90d warranty on 300$ tail lights?.... Figured I should have extra protection when purchasing these. But they look SOOOOO much better than the bright ass ruby red stock lights on a NB car with satin black roof.

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
I've had the SpecD's on for a year driving daily and have had no problems.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Yep I've had the ones from Mars Performance on mine for 18 months or so, no issues here either...

·
Banned
589 Posts

View attachment 336432 View attachment 336433 View attachment 336434

There’s a guy with a yellow ST in my area & he has those taillights. They do look sharp in person & it’s one of the first things I noticed when I see his car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 37 of 37 Posts