Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am finally getting around to changing the stock taillights in the RS which I believe to be the ugliest part of the car. I have some questions for people who have already fitted some aftermarket taillights.

Which would you recommended?
How is the fit? is it close to stock with no gaps?
Smoked or no smoke? ( be great if you could post pictures!)
Any long term issues with aftermarket? (discoloring, rattling, LED dying, etc.)

Just for reference I have a NB so just curious of what would look best as well. If anyone can post pictures that would be great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I am finally getting around to changing the stock taillights in the RS which I believe to be the ugliest part of the car. I have some questions for people who have already fitted some aftermarket taillights.

Which would you recommended?
How is the fit? is it close to stock with no gaps?
Smoked or no smoke? ( be great if you could post pictures!)
Any long term issues with aftermarket? (discoloring, rattling, LED dying, etc.)

Just for reference I have a NB so just curious of what would look best as well. If anyone can post pictures that would be great!

I just sprayed my factory lights with tint, clear coated, then sanded and polished them. Then got some bright LED bulbs so they would shine thru much better. They still look good over 2 years later.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just sprayed my factory lights with tint, clear coated, then sanded and polished them. Then got some bright LED bulbs so they would shine thru much better. They still look good over 2 years later.
Thanks for the reply and the pictures. to be honest I dont like the look of the smoked lights I like the look of these as the white bar is still exposed even when the tailights are off

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Going with these probably

·
Registered
1,255 Posts

Going with these probably
Be careful, they only have a 90 day warranty and a couple members have had issues with them I believe.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I got mine from Redline 360 - $299 + shipping
Outstanding quality! Fit is OEM or better. I couldn’t be happier! No more school bus look. Read there add closely. I think the smoke is darker than the black. I bought the darkest. I love the look.....but.....the turn signals (yellow) and the brake lites (red) are not what you would call “safe” in bright light. It’s not a deal breaker though. No problem with running lights. They look like neon. They are also illegal in Pa. I questioned the police (my daughter) about this and tinted windows. She said, if you have them on a “nice” car you’re probably ok. If you have them on a rusted out Neon with a spare doughnut on the front, the tint will be “just cause” to make sure you’re not rolling dirty. Read profiling.
D1EF31A4-E71A-4821-BB41-2EDE7C977B53.jpeg

·
Registered
417 Posts
The only issue I have with these are the reverse lights-

But then again I have tinted windows all around. At night, I can't see squat & have to back up with the driver door open and looking back....

I'm thinking about getting the "euro" rear bumper center piece w/ the center light... convert it to a bright LED light that turns on when I'm in reverse.

·
Premium Member
52 Posts
I just read a post about the quality of spec-d lights, it wasn’t good. Gulp! You may want to research it in this forum. If you don’t have to change lights for inspection like, like I do, maybe tinting OEM isn’t a bad idea...?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone for the replies and pictures! I just got mine in today I got the black smoked ones. So basically everything is smoked but the red neon light. I am a bit concerned about the not being to see at night when reversing but Ill see how it goes for myself before. Going to install them tomorrow and see how they look and how the reversing light situation is since I dont have tint I hope Ill be ok.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I did change mine just 6 months after buying my focus. Brand is Spyder and 0 issues. The smoked also helped the brightness decrease which is for me a good thing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I installed the lights awhile ago. there some pics. no complaints so far they work and look great. 15 minutes to install them. thank you everyone for your insight and pics! I will post my pics later today

1 - 20 of 26 Posts