Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Frankly, I'm not a fan of the tail lights since it's just a couple of incandescent lights. It looks like the tail lights on the RS are identical to those on other Foci. Anyone know of any particularly good aftermarket tail lights for the Focus?

·
Registered
892 Posts
Most info I saw has said it's at least partially led. Perhaps it's just the running light part that is led and the rest are incandescent.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I thought the cars across the pond were getting LED tail lights. Should be possible to order those, but I bet it wont be cheap.

Agreed I dont like the look of incandescent lights either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Might want to check out this thread from our sister site Ford Focus ST Forum and do a bit more searching there. Some of them actually look pretty damn good which I find surprising as I usually don't like the aftermarket lights look. Then i guess the aftermarket has come a long ways from the days of the old chromed out monstrosities that people would put on their cars in the early 2000's.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Yeah, I'm planning on putting some vinyl over the non-functional point towards the back doors.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Might want to check out this thread from our sister site Ford Focus ST Forum and do a bit more searching there. Some of them actually look pretty damn good which I find surprising as I usually don't like the aftermarket lights look. Then i guess the aftermarket has come a long ways from the days of the old chromed out monstrosities that people would put on their cars in the early 2000's.
I have these on my ST. I haven't seen a version for '15+ that would fit the RS though.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Frankly, I'm not a fan of the tail lights since it's just a couple of incandescent lights. It looks like the tail lights on the RS are identical to those on other Foci. Anyone know of any particularly good aftermarket tail lights for the Focus?
Spec-D 2012-14 LED Lamps

We need to get Spec-D to do these for the new Foci

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
29 Posts
The running lights at the bottom look somewhat Audi A4-esque though considerably smaller. I wonder whether Spec-D or Spyder have any plans for a newer version of aftermarket tail lights for the Focus. Has anyone heard?
I bet they will. Probably will be a while though.

·
Banned
346 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The aftermarket tail lights for the ST that are currently available don't really appeal to me.

These are the Spyder tail lights I currently have on my BRZ:

IMG_3200.jpg

They're not perfect (during the day, the LED strip looks like a glowstick), but at night, they look pretty nice.

Hopefully, Spec-D or Spyder will create a new set of LED tail lights for the Focus this year that are better looking.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I live in Florida and about 80% of traffic stops by police are decided by Profiling the type of car and its occupants. Tail lights are a big give away so a dim stock incadecent is the only way to fly down here in Bizzaro World-Florida.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I am considering the Mars Performance "Smoke Red 3D Stripe LED Tail Lights Ford Focus 12-15 LW Hatch Back 3Dr 5Dr"

View attachment 3880 View attachment 3881

Smoke Red 3D Stripe LED Tail Lights Ford Focus 12 15 LW Hatch Back 3DR 5DR | eBay
Looks nice tbh. Might fit a SB FoRS pretty good.

The aftermarket tail lights for the ST that are currently available don't really appeal to me.

These are the Spyder tail lights I currently have on my BRZ:

View attachment 4077

They're not perfect (during the day, the LED strip looks like a glowstick), but at night, they look pretty nice.

Hopefully, Spec-D or Spyder will create a new set of LED tail lights for the Focus this year that are better looking.
I was looking for a GT86 and that would be the first thing I wouldve changed, for the same lights.

·
Registered
418 Posts
There has been a lot of people thinking the tail lamps are or are not LED ....pulled up my car in ETIS today and saw:

"Tail lamps - LED Rear"

This was a separate line from the third brake light.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts
About this Discussion
130 Replies
69 Participants
ViyuPR87
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing