Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a truck,so the ride to me on the RS,doesnt bother me...but the way the backend sits does. Was doing a search on lowering springs and came across the afe,1.1" drop in rear, .6" in front. I wasnt able to find any reviews on it,so my question is,has anyone in the community went this route,and how did you like the ride,and how did car look after fitment.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
The RS suspension tuning and stability systems are designed around a front rake. Removing the rake could alter the handling capabilities when approaching the cornering limits. Removing it will have no noticeable effect ride....only addresses appearance, IMO.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I drive a truck,so the ride to me on the RS,doesnt bother me...but the way the backend sits does. Was doing a search on lowering springs and came across the afe,1.1" drop in rear, .6" in front. I wasnt able to find any reviews on it,so my question is,has anyone in the community went this route,and how did you like the ride,and how did car look after fitment.
I just ordered the Mountune springs and only installed the rear springs. No noticeable difference in ride quality or braking but appearance wise looks a ton better IMO. Also I have an 18' so results your may have different if the car is a 16 or 17 before the shock update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks,think I'm gonna go with eibach pro,my dogs gonna be like,where are my treats this month..the treat is,the car is gonna look good while your hanging out the window.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just ordered the Mountune springs and only installed the rear springs. No noticeable difference in ride quality or braking but appearance wise looks a ton better IMO. Also I have an 18' so results your may have different if the car is a 16 or 17 before the shock update.
Could we get a photo of this? I've heard the front springs are a PITA to install anyway and I'm not unhappy with the front height so was considering doing the same for the look.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
zsommer79
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing