Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

After a tune which regarding the virtual Dyno the car is having about 370 Lb/ft, It seems my car is having issues with the clutch with only 12.500 miles... During the pulls, close to 5000 RPM there is either clutch slippage or loss of traction, I'm trying to figure out which one is, but everything points to the clutch. For this I'd want to replace the clutch but sticking to the stock DMF Flywheel. Since I just have this car two months, I don't have much experience with the car

I found the clutch master kits:
  • FX100
  • FX250
  • FX300
  • FX400 (normal and 6 pucks)
My car has a Stage 2 and I use it as daily and for track days. Which of those kits would you recommend? (Also if there is another brand I will appreciate) and What other part should I consider to change beside the pressure plate and clutch disc?

Thanks!

·
Registered
SG2016
39 Posts
I have but not installed a Sach's Performance clutch that works with the DMF. Sachs says the transmittal torque is 495+Nm. I asked Clutch Master but never got a torque number. Nothing wrong with Clutch Master just because they didn't answer and I almost bought the FX300. My car is a DD and the clutch with go on when my new engine arrives.

! went with Sachs because of the following:
  • Works with DMF
  • States transmittal torque
  • Reputation on Porsches

https://www.sachsperformance.com/en...ch-sachs/performance-clutch-kit-999786-999991

·
Registered
550 Posts
I have but not installed a Sach's Performance clutch that works with the DMF. Sachs says the transmittal torque is 495+Nm. I asked Clutch Master but never got a torque number. Nothing wrong with Clutch Master just because they didn't answer and I almost bought the FX300. My car is a DD and the clutch with go on when my new engine arrives.

! went with Sachs because of the following:
  • Works with DMF
  • States transmittal torque
  • Reputation on Porsches

https://www.sachsperformance.com/en...ch-sachs/performance-clutch-kit-999786-999991

Ooooooooooo.

OEM is Sachs, so this is definitely a nice option.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ooooooooooo.

OEM is Sachs, so this is definitely a nice option.
The OEM is Luk. At least that’s what mine had. The Clutch Masters kit uses a Luk pressure plate as well.

OP. So far so good with my CM with OEM DM flywheel. However, I just don’t like to recommend products until I know they don’t have any issues and I’ve only had it a few weeks. If you’re looking for a long life street clutch you shouldn’t go any higher than the FX250 maybe FX300. Also, have you tried pressing the clutch to the floor in neutral about ten times? The OEM clutch is self adjusting. I know sometimes mine felt like it would slip, but then I’d press the clutch a couple times and it would improve.

·
Premium Member
447 Posts
The OEM is Luk. At least that’s what mine had. The Clutch Masters kit uses a Luk pressure plate as well.

OP. So far so good with my CM with OEM DM flywheel. However, I just don’t like to recommend products until I know they don’t have any issues and I’ve only had it a few weeks. If you’re looking for a long life street clutch you shouldn’t go any higher than the FX250 maybe FX300. Also, have you tried pressing the clutch to the floor in neutral about ten times? The OEM clutch is self adjusting. I know sometimes mine felt like it would slip, but then I’d press the clutch a couple times and it would improve.
how's the gear engagement? does it fully engage earlier in the clutch release? or do you still need to wait till that very last inch of lift-off (which i hate)?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Interested in your thoughts once you do get to drive it on the Sachs. This is the same direction I was thinking when my clutch is finally gone.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Actually yeah brain fart. OEM is LUK/Schaeffer. I guess I saw Sachs carries LUK on their site then my brain crossed the two.

I wonder which of the Sachs DMFs is the fit for our car.

·
Registered
661 Posts
how's the gear engagement? does it fully engage earlier in the clutch release? or do you still need to wait till that very last inch of lift-off (which i hate)?
Right now it’s about mid pedal travel.

Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
SG2016
39 Posts
Actually yeah brain fart. OEM is LUK/Schaeffer. I guess I saw Sachs carries LUK on their site then my brain crossed the two.

I wonder which of the Sachs DMFs is the fit for our car.

I can't find a Sachs' DMF that matches Ford's part number for the RS: G1FZ-6477-A. I went OEM DMF as I couldn't think of reason not to.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I like Sachs products.
I was not aware the RS is on their list.
Who knows, when the clutch goes, if I still have the car, I put a sachs clutch and be done with it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts