Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can we cuss here? :D
...because, oh. my. gosh... some frickin' salespeople need to be smacked.

2 weeks ago, i found a dealer who -claimed- to have an RS allocated and not spoken for, and didn't want any $ above MSRP. i know, too good to be true, right? i jumped on it and they asked for (and received) a $1000 non-refundable deposit. they were happy... i was happy. la de da. keep in mind that they specifically said they had an allocation and it wasn't spoken for.

fast forward to a couple of weeks later and there i am, talking to my geriatric sales guy on the phone, asking for some verification that the order was placed for a truly allocated-to-them vehicle. he started tap-dancing... i started to ***** about a $1K deposit on a vehicle that they can't guarantee is going to be built. he didn't know what to say, so i hung up and called back to speak to the sales manager. i swear, it was like pulling teeth to get him to admit that there was no allocation and that Ford may not pickup the order and build my car. so, he offered to pull the order and refund the non-refundable deposit.

i found a couple of big dealerships not too far who would graciously sell me one of their allocations for a 'slight' markup... one was $3K above and the other $5K above MSRP.

had a long conversation with Ford Marketing (connected to them thru Customer Care) and got some good info. yes, my order is being processed. no, there is no guarantee it will be built because it's just a regular order on a limited-build 1st year hot item. yes, the dealer could have been more, um, careful with their words and more forthright. no, a $1K deposit isn't out of line and at least they offered to refund it and pull the order.

she (the very helpful woman from Marketing) suggested that if i didn't want to go with another dealer (true allocation and many thousand $ markup), then i should wait for 6-8 weeks and keep on top of the order status to check for changes that would indicate Ford has picked up my order.

i'll cross my fingers, but won't hold my breath.

...maybe i'll just set my sights on a 2017 RS and let all y'all be the beta testers. :p

·
Registered
322 Posts

2 weeks ago, i found a dealer who -claimed- to have an RS allocated and not spoken for, and didn't want any $ above MSRP. i know, too good to be true, right? i jumped on it and they asked for (and received) a $1000 non-refundable deposit. they were happy... i was happy. la de da. keep in mind that they specifically said they had an allocation and it wasn't spoken for.

fast forward to a couple of weeks later and there i am, talking to my geriatric sales guy on the phone, asking for some verification that the order was placed for a truly allocated-to-them vehicle. he started tap-dancing... i started to ***** about a $1K deposit on a vehicle that they can't guarantee is going to be built. he didn't know what to say, so i hung up and called back to speak to the sales manager. i swear, it was like pulling teeth to get him to admit that there was no allocation and that Ford may not pickup the order and build my car. so, he offered to pull the order and refund the non-refundable deposit.

i found a couple of big dealerships not too far who would graciously sell me one of their allocations for a 'slight' markup... one was $3K above and the other $5K above MSRP.

had a long conversation with Ford Marketing (connected to them thru Customer Care) and got some good info. yes, my order is being processed. no, there is no guarantee it will be built because it's just a regular order on a limited-build 1st year hot item. yes, the dealer could have been more, um, careful with their words and more forthright. no, a $1K deposit isn't out of line and at least they offered to refund it and pull the order.

she (the very helpful woman from Marketing) suggested that if i didn't want to go with another dealer (true allocation and many thousand $ markup), then i should wait for 6-8 weeks and keep on top of the order status to check for changes that would indicate Ford has picked up my order.

...maybe i'll just set my sights on a 2017 RS and let all y'all be the beta testers. :p
Hey I hear ya. I am in the same boat. I have an order in the so called processing stage(s). I also talked to customer service, marketing and ford performance. I tapped out on trying to secure an allocated order that will be built. So I wait and if worse comes to worse....life goes on without the RS. Here's to hoping they pull non-allocated orders...eh!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts

I feel your pain, good job holding there feet to the fire. I think there use to dealing with sheep as customers. Hope your RS order gets filled then it will be worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts