Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford should offer the Adrenaline Academy for all those whose missed it. It was booked up!
They could consider a mid west location. Not only did I miss it but 2x. I felt a bit betrayed on that.
Offer it a M1 FoMoCo.
Bring out a test GT so we can admire. Bring out Pardo's design and the new one.
Did anyone else miss their chance at the A. Academy?

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
I never went because either it was constantly booked, or I was constantly booked at work. I feel like I missed out, but I tell myself visiting a track makes up for it.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
Ford should offer the Adrenaline Academy for all those whose missed it. It was booked up!
They could consider a mid west location. Not only did I miss it but 2x. I felt a bit betrayed on that.
Offer it a M1 FoMoCo.
Bring out a test GT so we can admire. Bring out Pardo's design and the new one.
Did anyone else miss their chance at the A. Academy?
I rescheduled mine and paid the fee....

How did you miss your RSAA twice?

Ms. Jill Sato was firm with me, so I made a point not to miss the 2nd time.

Mine was I booked for just me, since there was no guest availability a day after. I booked the day with the available guest slot and paid the fee.

It was worth it.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hated it. Worst time I ever had. It was so boring driving someone else's car like I stole it. I never should have bought that ticket to salt lake city.

But, I'd be there in a second if they came to m1.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,494 Posts
Nope, but I and a few others missed the chance of meeting Matt Farah since he was a no show. I doubt that Ford will consider this since we're going on two years since the model year was cancelled. Also the agreement was 1 year after delivery for determining who was eligible for attending, that has long since passed.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
IIRC they still have the GT and the off road academy.

·
Super Moderator
16,494 Posts
Reactions: garryb and nicklulu

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank goodness and to the OP for this thread, I was so pissed when RSAA didn’t return my calls after I bought my 2017 RS new in 2018. Clearly, they were relying on “breakage”, the MBA term that describes how you can boost your profit margins by making it really hard to redeem whatever rebate/promotion/gift card/schlocky crap the OEM sold you along with their product.

I agree the fine print is against us, but hey, we’re the internet. Can’t we troll/flame RSAA and Ford until we get a response? Oh and I’d also be willing to pony up for the experience.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Unfortunately, there won't be much RSAA can do. IIRC, Ford Performance Racing School sold off their fleet of RS's to various ford dealerships to sell after the last RSAA class. I remember someone at one point finding a listing at a Ford dealer in Utah (where RSAA was located), selling a used RS that had holes in the interior where they removed the half roll cage that was installed in the RSAA cars. After the RS fleet was gone, they shipped all of the GT 350s, GT 500s, Focus STs and Fiesta STs to Charlotte NC (where all the car courses are now held). The raptor courses are still being held in Utah. And the Explorer ST and Edge ST courses are being taught both in Utah and Asheville NC (owners have the choice which location they want to go to).

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts
I thought there was a Las Vegas one too?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yep - missed out on this also as it was all booked up by the time I received my (2018) car. Sucks as I REALLY wanted to go and would have shelled out for it aswell. Oh well....

·
Premium Member
3,484 Posts
They were booked up beyond 1 year from my purchase once they finally opened up the option to going, Placing a call to them they worked up so I could go beyond the 1 year from purchase, not sure if that was just for those that got their cars way before the started the classes or not though. Glad I went, wish they would allow me to by the cage they had in the cars and do more school time at the Charlotte location with my own car. But, between Auto-x and Time Trials it's about the same and the track time is then timed too.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Ill say this, there were plenty of sessions. Anyone who was slightly proactive got a spot. Ford Performance School exists and anyone can pay to go at any time.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ill say this, there were plenty of sessions. Anyone who was slightly proactive got a spot. Ford Performance School exists and anyone can pay to go at any time.
Well there's a way to turn a light conversation crappy.

·
Premium Member
4,505 Posts

I did consider doing the two day..... the second day was on Mustang so I declined.... If it was another RS I would done day 2.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Well there's a way to turn a light conversation crappy.

I didn't mean it to be so negative, I just hate such a negative light on an awesome program that ford did.... For free.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
718 Posts
By the time I got my intro package with the invite (picked up my 2017 in Dec 2016), all the sessions were full. But luckily, I was able to get in when they added more classes. It was on a weekday, but totally worth it. Was so much fun! Came in 2nd in the Auto-X portion. Still salty about it to this day. Haha! While on my last (and fastest) run, my GoPro suction mount fell off the windshield going into the figure 8 turns, so I slowed down because I was afraid it was going to fly out the window.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts