Ford Focus RS Forum banner

2581 - 2600 of 2641 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well if it matters, and if anyone is looking. Team Ford Lincoln in Las Vegas (I work as a sales manager and I own and RS) are selling them at $1,000 below invoice during May. May is our Anniversary month so we want to sell as many units as possible. Hit me up on PM if you want pricing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
If you are in the Coachella Valley, Fiesta Ford and Palm Springs Ford are still trying to get from $5k to $10k ADM. According to cargurus.com these cars have been sitting for over 100 days. Even when I offered an all cash deal they said they would wait for a buyer. Please boycott these dealerships!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,838 Posts
Modern Ford of Boone, NC. Asking for $2k ADM on this ride.

Window says $43,745 with market adjustment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,838 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,838 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,838 Posts
Found this vehicle during a search this morning:

1553606-1498095522-634151.jpg

2016 NB for $15,950.

Then I saw this:

1553606-1498095522-462119.jpg

Has a salvage title and the write up should say it has excellent air conditioning.

https://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/3833518

·
Registered
28 Posts
2018 Confirmed Allocation!

I have confirmed allocation for 2 2018's, with a possibility of 1 more. Production dates to be determined. Fortunately most people in the dealerships don't read the daily updates on fmcdealer.com. The day the announcement was made that 2018 production would be limited to 1500 units for the U.S. and Canada I got on the phone with my rep and requested the allocation. Early bird and worms, right? I'll bet 90 pct of dealer sales personal still don't know. For those of you trying to lock down a deal you'd do well not to bring it up the production number!

I'm located in upstate NY, 50 miles North of Albany. You can order it your way since they haven't scheduled yet. If not sold before scheduling I'm planning on ordering them in red with all options (there aren't many) except the snow tires.

There will be ADM. Not sure how much yet, but will probably be in the 5-7.5k range. We can talk about it. I'm guessing there will be 1200-1300 going to the U.S. with the balance of the 1500 going to Canada. Nothing official there, just an educated guess.

I know the ADM sucks, I've been on the other side! No different than selling 300 dollar Super Bowl tickets for $4,000, or Uber charging higher prices during rush hour. Supply and demand, economics 101. The ADM's are driven by what people are willing to pay. Instead of getting mad at the dealer, get mad at the people paying it, they are the ones that are propping it up. Perhaps if everybody paid the MSRP for all the bread and butter cars instead of insisting on driving the prices down close to invoice or below we wouldn't need the ADM. (That's the old supply and demand forces working in the customers favor. To many Taurus's and Fusions on the lot!)

Sorry for the rambling, if interested you can pm me.

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have confirmed allocation for 2 2018's, with a possibility of 1 more. Production dates to be determined. Fortunately most people in the dealerships don't read the daily updates on fmcdealer.com. The day the announcement was made that 2018 production would be limited to 1500 units for the U.S. and Canada I got on the phone with my rep and requested the allocation. Early bird and worms, right? I'll bet 90 pct of dealer sales personal still don't know. For those of you trying to lock down a deal you'd do well not to bring it up the production number!

I'm located in upstate NY, 50 miles North of Albany. You can order it your way since they haven't scheduled yet. If not sold before scheduling I'm planning on ordering them in red with all options (there aren't many) except the snow tires.

There will be ADM. Not sure how much yet, but will probably be in the 5-7.5k range. We can talk about it. I'm guessing there will be 1200-1300 going to the U.S. with the balance of the 1500 going to Canada. Nothing official there, just an educated guess.

I know the ADM sucks, I've been on the other side! No different than selling 300 dollar Super Bowl tickets for $4,000, or Uber charging higher prices during rush hour. Supply and demand, economics 101. The ADM's are driven by what people are willing to pay. Instead of getting mad at the dealer, get mad at the people paying it, they are the ones that are propping it up. Perhaps if everybody paid the MSRP for all the bread and butter cars instead of insisting on driving the prices down close to invoice or below we wouldn't need the ADM. (That's the old supply and demand forces working in the customers favor. To many Taurus's and Fusions on the lot!)

lol....

·
Registered
66 Posts

You think your going to find sympathy for your position here? Atleast you posted on here so you can go on the list.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts

Let me just walk into a shooting range with a target on my chest. I suggest you leave now while you still can!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Certainly not looking for sympathy! Just acknowledging that I understand the frustration. We may not get the ADM they are asking, and if they sit I'm sure we will be lowering it, but you have to start somewhere. My main purpose is to let everyone know where at least 2 of them will be, and the opportunity to order it the way you want. (one of them is previewing today and should be submitted to plant tomorrow night) Also

·
Registered
66 Posts
Certainly not looking for sympathy! Just acknowledging that I understand the frustration. We may not get the ADM they are asking, and if they sit I'm sure we will be lowering it, but you have to start somewhere. My main purpose is to let everyone know where at least 2 of them will be, and the opportunity to order it the way you want. (one of them is previewing today and should be submitted to plant tomorrow night) Also
Ok goodbye now!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm looking for a 17 NB with RS2 and forged wheels. Looking for under invoice. I'm in the midst of selling my car and need to buy ASAP.

·
Super Moderator
15,838 Posts
Market sure is changing. Just did a quick search and saw that the many local dealerships around me once charged a hefty ADM are now trying to get by in offering cars at MSRP. Did find one dealer offering under MSRP but nothing drastic. Also shocking is the amount of used FoRS sitting on lots right now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Market sure is changing. Just did a quick search and saw that the many local dealerships around me once charged a hefty ADM are now trying to get by in offering cars at MSRP. Did find one dealer offering under MSRP but nothing drastic. Also shocking is the amount of used FoRS sitting on lots right now.
That's what I'm seeing. '17s for sticker or maybe a $1k less. Didn't think that was too good because..... I had an offer for MSRP on an '18 but then dealer came back with +$2k ADM so keep Phil Long on the crap list.

I suppose I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe Subaru or Toyota will step up their game. Ford dealers in PNW and the ones I've contacted ain't budging on their prices.

I will tell you all that I'm not gonna buy one for more than what the manufacturer says it's worth.

·
Premium Member
2,428 Posts
That's what I'm seeing. '17s for sticker or maybe a $1k less. Didn't think that was too good because..... I had an offer for MSRP on an '18 but then dealer came back with +$2k ADM so keep Phil Long on the crap list.

I suppose I'll just wait and see what happens. Maybe Subaru or Toyota will step up their game. Ford dealers in PNW and the ones I've contacted ain't budging on their prices.

I will tell you all that I'm not gonna buy one for more than what the manufacturer says it's worth.
Fly and drive or put it on an 18 wheeler. My area is bad with as well, but not as bad as the Seattle area. Bikes, if my ,ovals won't deal, I'll have it crate shipped and delivered to my house. I don't mind putting the few things together myself. Car, if they won't deal, I'll fly/drive if it's a days drive. More than that, I'll have it shipped if it means I save a few k's. Local dealer won't deal, f em. I've seen $3500 off msrp. Shipping will be close to a grand. That's still $2500 off msrp at the end of the day. And it is very satisfying to drive right back up to the same dealer who,wouldn't deal, to buy an oil filter for the first oil change and point out to the salesman your new ride sitting out front.

2581 - 2600 of 2641 Posts