Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question for you:

Does the residual value of a car on a lease change to be based off of ADM or does it stay based off of MSRP, making the ADM an extra charge on top?

I'm like really fretting to find one of these (my lease is up at the end of May and I have no idea what else I'd get if not one of these...) and am reluctantly willing to pay a small ADM ($1k maaaaybe $2k) but it would sting even more if that was just a large fee on top of the lease rate.

Sorry if the question isn't well worded, I've never had to account ADM in lease calculations before.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Lease rates are usually based on the sale price of the vehicle, the ADM would definitely affect the monthly payments and the residual.

·
Registered
56 Posts
The residual will be calculated by the finance company regardless of what your sale price is. Meaning, any ADM you pay will just be broken up over the term of your lease. For example, if you pay a 2k ADM on a 24 month lease your payment will be about $84 a month more then it would have been at MSRP.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hey guys, quick question for you:

Does the residual value of a car on a lease change to be based off of ADM or does it stay based off of MSRP, making the ADM an extra charge on top?

I'm like really fretting to find one of these (my lease is up at the end of May and I have no idea what else I'd get if not one of these...) and am reluctantly willing to pay a small ADM ($1k maaaaybe $2k) but it would sting even more if that was just a large fee on top of the lease rate.

Sorry if the question isn't well worded, I've never had to account ADM in lease calculations before.

Thanks!
I would think its very unlikely that Ford would allow anyone to lease a RS or any Ford performance vehicle. That would be like leasing a GT350. I don't think they will do that so a lease may not be an option.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
I would think its very unlikely that Ford would allow anyone to lease a RS or any Ford performance vehicle. That would be like leasing a GT350. I don't think they will do that so a lease may not be an option.
I was wondering if this was the case as well. I'm not sure though.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I was wondering if this was the case as well. I'm not sure though.
Hahahahahaha!!!! They will lease you anything you want these days! The only difference is going to be the interest rate, maintenance program and penalties will be greater with high dollar / performance vehicles.

You don't actually think most of those $100k plus cars are bought outright do you???? LoL

Hate to break it to everyone, but most high dollar cars are leased not bought. :single_eye:

Hence the reason for people going broke/bankrupt and spending above their means. God bless the American way! How else do you think that IT tool who makes $150k a year is able to drive that $100-150k BMW/Benz/911/Tesla/etc... lol.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Of course anything could be leased but this is usually the case for mass production cars. Limited cars are very difficult to lease normally depending on their availability. Try to lease a Ford GT for example.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Of course anything could be leased but this is usually the case for mass production cars. Limited cars are very difficult to lease normally depending on their availability. Try to lease a Ford GT for example.

Well if you can lease a Bugatti, Agera CCR, Rolls Phantom, etc...(million dollar cars), I sure if you are the right person with the right amount of coin, you can arrange anything. LoL

Main reason wealthy individuals lease versus buy, is for tax purposes (depending on state they live in).

·
Registered
285 Posts
It's not hard at all, but you may have to go with a third party leasing agent. One of my clients, Transworld Leasing, does bentleys, ferraris, and exotics like the GT all the time. Often it's companies doing the leading as an executive perk but they do individual leases too.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Well if you can lease a Bugatti, Agera CCR, Rolls Phantom, etc...(million dollar cars), I sure if you are the right person with the right amount of coin, you can arrange anything. LoL

Main reason wealthy individuals lease versus buy, is for tax purposes (depending on state they live in).
If I were really wealthy I would purchase the collector cars and lease my DDs. I want to say this is the case with most car enthusiast wealthy people. You don't really lose much money on a limited Bugatti, Agera, Huayra if you keep the miles low.

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
It's not hard at all, but you may have to go with a third party leasing agent. One of my clients, Transworld Leasing, does bentleys, ferraris, and exotics like the GT all the time. Often it's companies doing the leading as an executive perk but they do individual leases too.
Yeah this will always be an option of course, we're talking about the manufacturers directly though. There's definitely nothing that will stand in the way of a company purchasing a car then leasing it out.

·
Registered
457 Posts
If I were really wealthy I would purchase the collector cars and lease my DDs. I want to say this is the case with most car enthusiast wealthy people. You don't really lose much money on a limited Bugatti, Agera, Huayra if you keep the miles low.
Very true, with low miles and the exotic nature of the vehicles they should increase. However most fools aren't collectors and won't plan on keeping them for life, let alone properly maintaining one as well. But I am with you! Most on here are not fools (self excluded!!!) and would be the collector type if any of us had hit that Powerball!

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Very true, with low miles and the exotic nature of the vehicles they should increase. However most fools aren't collectors and won't plan on keeping them for life, let alone properly maintaining one as well. But I am with you! Most on here are not fools (self excluded!!!) and would be the collector type if any of us had hit that Powerball!
Lol...I had already purchased the 918, La Ferrari, and P1 in my head...and leased an S63.

I'm still in pursuit of that wealth though! Hopefully my tech company gets bought out in a few years for a few mil ;)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Lol...I had already purchased the 918, La Ferrari, and P1 in my head...and leased an S63.

I'm still in pursuit of that wealth though! Hopefully my tech company gets bought out in a few years for a few mil ;)
Nice!!!!

And yeah I was giving Jay Leno and his garage a run for its money had I won! LoL

I love me some classics; as well as some modern marvels!!!

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Nice!!!!

And yeah I was giving Jay Leno and his garage a run for its money had I won! LoL

I love me some classics; as well as some modern marvels!!!
LOL yep...doesn't help that his garage is literally blocks from my house. I see him all the time in something or another. I haven't pin pointed the exact location yet, planning on camping out with my RS in front stalker status once I do so I can beg him to give me a tour.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bottom line is that, if you pay ADM, you will pay for it in the lease payment, or as money down. The leasing company will not eat any portion of ADM.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I was told by my dealer that leasing will not be available on the RS. I will be a very happy man if that's not the case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was told by my dealer that leasing will not be available on the RS. I will be a very happy man if that's not the case.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Maybe not by Ford. There are finance companies out there that will lease anything that you want. Just another way to finance.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Maybe not by Ford. There are finance companies out there that will lease anything that you want. Just another way to finance.
I will have to look into that. I only drive 8k a year usually so leasing has worked out pretty well in the past.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts