Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I placed my order I had to look way outside my geographic area as the dealerships around me had no allocation due to small size. I spoke specifically with three before moving on. In the last week I received a call from two of the three dealerships saying they had each been given an allocation. According to the manager of one they were told that many allocations remained unfilled and that Ford was opening them up to additional dealers to fill remaing spots. He also said that because of the low order rate of allocations most order were going to be scheduled for February/March delivery, that Ford currently has much higher capacity to build the RS then demand.

·
Registered
197 Posts
When I placed my order I had to look way outside my geographic area as the dealerships around me had no allocation due to small size. I spoke specifically with three before moving on. In the last week I received a call from two of the three dealerships saying they had each been given an allocation. According to the manager of one they were told that many allocations remained unfilled and that Ford was opening them up to additional dealers to fill remaing spots. He also said that because of the low order rate of allocations most order were going to be scheduled for February/March delivery, that Ford currently has much higher capacity to build the RS then demand.
First off, thank you for the information.

This is good and bad for many people,

Good for that people with orders will get them Febuary and March.

This is not good news for people who want to order a MY17 as if the demand is as low as it seems from this post and the information is accurate, this could seriously put a dent in fords plans to build in MY17.

As far as people who already have orders placed with other dealers, id probaly keep your current order rather than change to a closer dealership.

Best to everyone!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
This is good to read as I just put my order in this past Monday. The dealer told me when I ordered that we should know by next Monday. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for the info Rbernard1984!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Hmmm If that's the case it indeed would be good news for us waiting on orders! The sad thing is so many rumors about the RS floating around the net I don't really know what to believe, between dealers who know nothing about the car and telling customers to come back in the spring, to outrages adm charges. It wouldn't surprise me to hear about poor sales. Fact is only enthusiasts really know about this car and seek it out. My local dealers knew nothing until I got Ford Canada Customer Support a call. Sad really.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

Yeah, that's super bad for me. I was counting on late Spring (or hopefully later) for delivery because that's when everything works out best for me. If it comes early, that's going to be a big headache. Damn, if that's the case I'm almost tempted to cancel my order and redo it just to get put at the end of the line.

My dealership yesterday told me that the rumblings from higher up were saying April.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This is not good news for people who want to order a MY17 as if the demand is as low as it seems from this post and the information is accurate, this could seriously put a dent in fords plans to build in MY17.

As far as people who already have orders placed with other dealers, id probaly keep your current order rather than change to a closer dealership.

Best to everyone!
It was interesting news, however I have yet to get accurate info from any dealer, but the fact that two dealers both by me got an allocation the same week seems to suggest there are more out there. I was also wonder if maybe the demand is still strong, but ford is just realizing they can produce more then they thought, which is why they have not put a number on 2016 total allocation. The specific statement the manger was given was that there was significantly higher production capacity available then demand.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, that's super bad for me. I was counting on late Spring (or hopefully later) for delivery because that's when everything works out best for me. If it comes early, that's going to be a big headache. Damn, if that's the case I'm almost tempted to cancel my order and redo it just to get put at the end of the line.

My dealership yesterday told me that the rumblings from higher up were saying April.
Interesting they said April, that is a bump up from orriginal esstimates of June/July. Either way, looks like they will be here earlier then expected.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

Don't cancel your order... at this point everything should be treated as a rumor. It was only last week the forum found out orders have been selected for scheduling, of those selected very few even know when there order is being built... Hang on don't jump the gun!

·
Registered
418 Posts
This is exactly what port of Canada had planned out from the very beginning. Every Canadian dealership got I located one unit however ford knew that not every dealer would sell one RS So for all the unsold allocations dealerships those got put into a pool and were distributed via a lottery system. so for all the unsold allocations dealerships those got put into a pool and were distributed via a lottery system. Sounds like the states are doing the same thing.

I'm not sure that I would attribute it to low sales volume that could be just that particular dealers hunch .... But then again the United States is a very different market compared to Canada

·
Registered
466 Posts

Haha I am in the same boat, I just finished a remodel and would like to pay that off, sell my car, and get my tax return so I can put a nice down payment. As much as I want the car tomorrow I would rather wait so I can pay 330 a month instead of 460 lol.

·
Registered
235 Posts
It was interesting news, however I have yet to get accurate info from any dealer, but the fact that two dealers both by me got an allocation the same week seems to suggest there are more out there. I was also wonder if maybe the demand is still strong, but ford is just realizing they can produce more then they thought, which is why they have not put a number on 2016 total allocation. The specific statement the manger was given was that there was significantly higher production capacity available then demand.
Ford always said that they will have the capacity to meet demand, due to the fact that the majority of the build is built on the same production line as the regular focus, the phrase 'there was significantly higher production capacity available then demand' Does not say demand is poor, it just reinforces their statements that they have the capacity to meet whatever the demand may be.

That's how I want to interpret it, as I want it to be a success, which it will be in Europe for sure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Personally, if this is true, I think it is a good thing. Further, I think this is Ford "fixing" outrageous ADM. All those dealers who held on to their allocations to try and get a $5K ADM are going to be losing their allocations. Now hopefully the dealers who get them learn from those who are losing them, and move the units at MSRP.

I'm in CA, and it seems there is only one dealership in the state selling them at MSRP, and their allocations have been gone for a long time. I have a retail order in with them, so hopefully this means my order will get filled!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Which two dealerships told you this information?

·
Registered
716 Posts
Gives me hope my retail order will be fulfilled this year then. If its not, I'll be pretty pissed they offered more allocations before taking care of already existing orders.

·
Registered
130 Posts
If true, this just tells me that everyone who was willing to buy a $40K car based solely on heritage and educated expectations, has their allocation. Keep in mind, however; if you're on the fence still about this car, press drives and the first big wave of first drive reporting is right around the corner. Depending on how that goes, demand could go ballistic. I predict that demand for the RS is going to increase exponentially as the first customer cars arrive, amidst very good automotive press coverage and reviews.

·
Registered
197 Posts
A bunch of solid points so far in this thread,

Remember we on this forum were the early birds, just wait until this car gets media coverage from everyone, interest will increase.

The only solid info everyone can agree on, is for the United States, the Production line Starts in January, give or take 4 to 8 weeks for delivery after it rolls off the line(who knows how long it takes to build the RS), you know it has to clear customs and cross the big salty pond. Another thing is, i really doubt ford will just ship the first 100 off the line over, they are going to fill that transport ship. the first RS's might be sitting in Saarlouis for a week or two or whereever the holding area is, until they can fill out the ship

·
Registered
47 Posts
Personally, if this is true, I think it is a good thing. Further, I think this is Ford "fixing" outrageous ADM. All those dealers who held on to their allocations to try and get a $5K ADM are going to be losing their allocations. Now hopefully the dealers who get them learn from those who are losing them, and move the units at MSRP.

I'm in CA, and it seems there is only one dealership in the state selling them at MSRP, and their allocations have been gone for a long time. I have a retail order in with them, so hopefully this means my order will get filled!
Which CA dealer was doing MSRP? I'm still trying to find one..Maybe i should call around again this weekend to see if this has actually changed the $$ADM$$ mentality here.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Which CA dealer was doing MSRP? I'm still trying to find one..Maybe i should call around again this weekend to see if this has actually changed the $$ADM$$ mentality here.
I don't think it will. Most of the dealers that had allocations probably placed the orders even if there was no customer reservation. If they didn't have a customer reserve it they could still place the order as dealer stock and sell it to a customer after. This is what the dealership in my area did, I know a sales guy there and he told me they ordered a few as dealer stock so that they wouldn't lose allocations. The car will have more people interested in spring time after people have seen it in action, and they are planning to charge $20K ADM. Keep in mind this is in California, Demand is fairly high here.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
About this Discussion
95 Replies
44 Participants
Slider
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing