Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had a couple of alerts set up on some of the car buying sites and this lovely little Fiat 500 Abarth 5spd popped up 3 miles from my office... Car had some hail damage, some paint imperfections and the side skirts look like they hit a speed bump pretty hard and are slightly off (had it up on a lift, just cosmetic damage). Was mechanically sound, and got the car for $6k out the door. 2013, 64k miles, 5spd. Entry level Abarth trim, no sunroof, no upgraded audio. Came with Blizzaks on the car, that have a decent amount of tread left. OEM summer tires were in the car, but they had a 38 2012 manufactured date and were at the wear bars, so I had the dealer toss them.

Will be fun to put around town in this bad boy. It's loud, it's obnoxious and it's tiny. Need to clean it up this weekend after the snow. Take stock, then I think I'll do the rear seat delete (saves 47 lbs!) and make it a great car for errands and my pup. Maybe lighten it up with some carbon body panels (hood and front fenders, that are currently Actually the perfect setup for my 100lb Berner. She struggles to get in/out of our 4Runner, and I don't want her in the RS. So she can hop up into the back and get comfy.

Maybe I'll even stiffen it up, add a roll bar, add some stickier rubber and track it. R888Rs in 195/250/16 are absurdly cheap @ around $120/wheel. Now to just find some cheap 15lb wheels! Will be a fun car to start wrenching on as well. Can't wait to do my first oil change!

·
Registered
601 Posts
Wow, that’s cheap! Congrats.

I have a 124 Abarth with the same motor and I recently did a Eurocompulsion phase 1 intake and tune on and it is a little monster. I’m very impressed with the EC tune.

·
Premium Member
2,488 Posts
I was looking at the Abarth 2 year before it got in the States. Seeing it in TopGear......

Great choice!

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Great cars! My coworker has had his 2013 from new, kept it fairly stock and tracks it all the time. Been nothing but reliable for him

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's great! I was looking at these literally an hour ago! If I can find one cheap enough (like yours) I'll probably get it.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, the feedback has been mechanically, they're rock solid! The interior leaves a lot to be desired and the seating position is rubbish. Wheel doesn't have any positions. It doesn't move. May try a a new seat down the road. Pedal position is superb though. Stick is in the dash board, and is weird. Will take time to get used to.

2-3 of them popped up locally. All 12-14s with 65-75k miles around $8-11k, but way more options and cleaner.

Definitely an interesting car. Not sure I could have lived with one as my only car. I think I could live with a FiST as my only car. But at $20k new, I would have loved to have had one in college or when I lived in NYC.

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally got the gang all in one place. This thing is small. The RS is small, but in the garage with the 4Runner, it's tight. It's pretty manageable with the Abarth though.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I love the Abarth. It's the driving a slow car fast thing. Plus, it drives like a go cart and it's rough around the edges. It reminds me of the good things about my '80 Fiesta that was lowered, had no muffler, and honked when I stomped on the gas and opened up the dual Mikuni side draft carbs.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts