Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ford account after pre-order questions and insurance

So, I've never ordered a car, just bought previous year model off the lot at a great price. So I hear that if you pre-order from Ford after the order is confirmed you get an account and a login. From there you can see your car's VIN as well as pictures as it starts to move through the assembly process. Is that true? I know a long way off, but curious if what I've heard is true, or does that only happen on a few models.

Also, if you preorder and get the VIN could you add insurance before the car arrives, maybe get it in the system before the company realizes what that VIN translates to and charges more than needed for it.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
I cannot say i have ever heard of this, especially the picture thing.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
So, I've never ordered a car, just bought previous year model off the lot at a great price. So I hear that if you pre-order from Ford after the order is confirmed you get an account and a login. From there you can see your car's VIN as well as pictures as it starts to move through the assembly process. Is that true? I know a long way off, but curious if what I've heard is true, or does that only happen on a few models.

Also, if you preorder and get the VIN could you add insurance before the car arrives, maybe get it in the system before the company realizes what that VIN translates to and charges more than needed for it.
Absolutely not! You sit in the dark and one day the dealer calls and says it's in. As far as the insurance, you can have that activated day of delivery with your insurance company.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have seen Ford do the order tracking thing on the mustang. I have had my customers track their mustang online and it tells them everything. It tells you VIN, where the car is in production and the possible delivery date. I have no idea if Ford will do this for the RS. If Ford does not do this for the RS then your dealer can tell you the VIN once Ford starts to build the car. You can add insurance at that time if you like but I wouldn't pay ins on a car that I'm not driving.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Insurance policy needs a VIN for an accurate quote. They lock you in until you activate it, then your coverage starts. If you end up not buying, insurance will refund your payment.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I ordered my green SRT 8 Challenger and was able to log in online and see what phase my car build was in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I have seen Ford do the order tracking thing on the mustang. I have had my customers track their mustang online and it tells them everything. It tells you VIN, where the car is in production and the possible delivery date. I have no idea if Ford will do this for the RS. If Ford does not do this for the RS then your dealer can tell you the VIN once Ford starts to build the car. You can add insurance at that time if you like but I wouldn't pay ins on a car that I'm not driving.

Not though a Ford site but an enthusiast site. I've done the same on BlueOval.com. for my past FoMoCo purchases but to my knowledge, Ford has no such official service. Hell, they lost my ST for a month!

·
Registered
561 Posts
Can through ford, when I factory ordered my fiesta through a ford etis site, input your and it gives you an expected build date, list of options that it's being built with etc etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
Solhaven
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing