Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I mean I’m always looking for another socal local rs owner to be buds with lol. and I’ve been thing about a accessport but didn’t they pass that thing where you can’t tune the car with it no more.

·
Premium Member
8,180 Posts
I mean I’m always looking for another socal local rs owner to be buds with lol. and I’ve been thing about a accessport but didn’t they pass that thing where you can’t tune the car with it no more.

You can still tune, it has certain parameter you can't mod anymore. I don't think we are affected by that compared to Subaru and GT-R owners.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
The only items you can’t do now is “turn off” the emissions-related DTCs or change the related parameters that set the DTCs. I still don’t like it, but Cobb needs to stay in business in this idiotic political/communist environment established by the excessively rich “elites”. I hate that term because in the USA there are no true elites, just plain old narcissists.

Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, how close are you to San Diego? i'm interested. Also what do you mean by "semi-aggressive" I thought the maps were just made to work with cerain mods to keep the air fuel mixture from getting to lean and stuff.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Hi, how close are you to San Diego? i'm interested. Also what do you mean by "semi-aggressive" I thought the maps were just made to work with cerain mods to keep the air fuel mixture from getting to lean and stuff.
Not if done by a proper tuner, rather than the off the shelf shi7

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
I'm just a little unfamiliar, are the base cobb tunes easy to just flash on and off the Accessport? is it an SD card type thing or what?
Yes they are easy to flash.
The base tunes are pre loaded on the AP, Then it plugs into obd port and a couple of button presses and away it goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts