Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My accessport seems to come back on after the vehicle shuts off. It randomly does this and kills the battery unless I unplug it. Anyone else have theirs come back on or can tell me what would be turning it back on after it shut down when not sensing the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
My accessport seems to come back on after the vehicle shuts off. It randomly does this and kills the battery unless I unplug it. Anyone else have theirs come back on or can tell me what would be turning it back on after it shut down when not sensing the vehicle?
I've had this happen and concluded that it happens when you start the car and turn it off before the AP fully boots, then it stays on. Happens to me when I only start the car to pull it in the garage and then quickly turn it off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Funny you bring this up. My accessport always used to auto shut off after maybe 10-15 minutes. I didn’t plug it in for a few months. Recently put it back in for some data logs and now it will stay on indefinitely. Has not drained my battery yet but now I don’t trust it.

Is there some sort of option or setting? Odd that it used to be one way and is now the other

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine still shuts off when the vehicle shuts off. I never had the option (unless I can't find it) for it turn off after 10-15 of inactivity, that would help me out.

·
Registered
55 Posts
This has happened to me a couple of times. Both times I didn't start the car for a few days and it killed the battery. I know that there is in fact a setting on the accessport to set it to turn off when the car shuts off. What gets me is that those two times this happened the setting was turned off when I know I didn't do it. So random.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Mine did it once and killed the battery, I unplug it when I get out of the car now. No problems since.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
I also leave my Access Port in the car not realizing that was the issue but about 2 weeks ago the car was totally dead. I tried to charge the battery but it wouldn't hold more than 7.65 volt. so I jump-started the car and dropped it off at the dealer. They replaced the battery under warranty. so now I keep it unplugged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts