Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear All,

Please help.

I connected an OBD Link MX Bluetooth device to the diagnostics port of my MK3 RS Edition and FORSCAN and with the ignition ON, engine not running I picked up a DTC with the ABS.

The DTC code is U0136:00-28 “Lost Communication with Differential Control Module- Rear”.

The status mentions “previously set DTC- Not Present at Time of Request” and “Malfunction Indicator Lamp is Off for this DTC”

I have attached the full DTC to this post.

Can you explain the fault, if it is a fault, do you know anyone who may be able to tell what the issue maybe?

Kind Regards,

Haroon
DTC ABS post.jpg

·
Registered
517 Posts
That's normal as long as it doesn't persist. You can get communication errors just connecting to the modules sometimes from my experience. If it does persist it could be a simple as a connector or failed ABS sensor (correction), I'm sure others will know more. Did it just come out of nowhere?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeffery,

Good to communicate with you again so soon.

I hope that you are in good health, especially during these most difficult of times.

I purchased the RS Edition in 2018, only recently while doing a tidy up did I find my old diagnostic kit purchased from Scan Tool many years ago. I updated the OBD Link MX Bluetooth device and FORSCAN software. I plugged it into the diagnostic port of my car not expecting to find any DTCs, you can imagine my surprise when the above mentioned code popped up.

Kind Regards,

Haroon

·
Registered
517 Posts
I'd just take note and as long as its not a DTC on the dash its not a huge deal and won't kill your car from my understanding (I get DTCs from my 3rd brake mod) They could be from a power loss also or just somebody forgot to clear them when flashing a ABS update or playing with Forscan on the car before you had it. The main thing is that DTCs don't persist or return after clearing or you know the cause like in my case.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Those happen, the computers are really sensitive to communications interruptions. You will even get codes if you replace exterior lights with LEDs, and when you change settings like enabling Bambi mode.

If you start digging in this menu, you'll start chasing ghosts. This screen is great for diagnosing/troubleshooting issues, but don't go hunting for trouble based on this screen alone.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dear Jeffery and Phil,

Thank you both for your kind responses.

The car is great to drive, I have noticed no issues and I guess this agrees with the comments that you have both made. I will continue to use the car and when it is booked in for a routine service I will have Ford run their diagnostics, under warranty.

Sincere Regards,

Haroon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Guys,

I did not wait to book the RS in for a service, I reset the DTC this evening and took the car for a spin then checked for DTCs again using my OBD Link MX Bluetooth and touch wood no errors.

So far so good!

Thank you so much for your advice.

Have a great weekend.

Haroon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts