Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tips or tricks from those of you who have done this/similar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
It's fairly straight forward and if you have something like Race Ramps it's down right easy. I have seen videos where people take the right front wheel off and go at it like that but that seemed un necessary to me.

Like I said, if you have Race Ramps get the front end on them, take off the undertray and slide under the car. You should have ample room to navigate a small 1/4 drive socket with small extension in there. Keep in mind when putting the bolts back in that you want to be careful not to crank down real hard as the bolts is going into aluminum.

Here's a vid to help out

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
The recirc valve is easy. Remove vacuum hose and 3x screws, swap out part (orientation doesn't matter), reinstall screws/vacuum hose.

The SSC is the frustrating mod because of the C-clip.

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
It is a very easy process. It should not take you more than 30 minutes total. Most o the time is removing the bottom shield and jacking up the car.

·
Registered
61 Posts
@EsotericRS what he said lol ramps will make the job so much easier. It can be done without lifting the RS, but your going to put your shoulder/arm in awkward positions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recirc was cake but my pinch clip for the sound chamber is turned to the 11 o’clock position... what a PITA! I’m ordering stubby pliers for the job hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Recirc was cake but my pinch clip for the sound chamber is turned to the 11 o’clock position... what a PITA! I’m ordering stubby pliers for the job hopefully that helps.

Check out the thread on installing the SSC. The C-clip will easily rotate in-place, but there isn't much space in there so a collection of stubby C-clip pliers (also in the thread) are super helpful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts