Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out that my build date is January 28.
Very excited!!
Im wondering about how long does the delivery process take from build date to delivery?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Only Ford knows that answer. It really depends on how many cars will be on a shipment over here. If they plan on doing a lot of small shipments then it will be quicker. If they plan on waiting until a few hundred are on the boat, it will take longer. I think standard delivery time frame for any manufacturer is 4-8 weeks though.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
Can I send a keg of local brew to the workers at Saarlouis to speed up my build date and VIN?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I'm curious how the ones coming to the west coast will travel. Through panama canal to a local port, or via east coast + rail? I'm not sure what would take longer.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
I have a feeling that could backfire... :very_drunk:
I'd be willing to send one keg, just enough to wet the whistle of the assembly line.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
true true, lots of employees. sooooo, who do we see about it!
Whoever went on Facebook and friended someone from Saarloius.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
They'll go through the canal. Most west coast orders are unloading at Hueneme.
Nice, that's good info. I'm in the LA area so just an hour away or so. Thanks!

·
Registered
364 Posts
My British Columbia dealer claims it take 12 weeks to Vancouver Island.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Only Ford knows that answer. It really depends on how many cars will be on a shipment over here. If they plan on doing a lot of small shipments then it will be quicker. If they plan on waiting until a few hundred are on the boat, it will take longer. I think standard delivery time frame for any manufacturer is 4-8 weeks though.

@watchRS, can you imagine we might be driving our cars in 5-9 weeks!? Actually no no I'm not getting my hopes up.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Well then. I went back through @mboles2 's posts and found that he said most departures from Ze'Germany will come from Bezee, which a quick bing search came back as "Zeebrugge". He also mentioned that Port Hueneme would be the destination for most West Coast deliveries. I don't remember who provided this link https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?minHt=480&htMethod=bodyLastElem&frameId=145210506576015918&url=https://schedule.2wglobal.com/ScheduleRWD/ , (which is from what I remember them saying was the shipping line Ford uses) but using those ports with upcoming dates, below is a list of potential boats that our RS' could be coming over on! Looks like the travel time from Ze'Germany to Ze'West Coast of Ze'US is ~24 days! If by some miracle Ford could get the first builds on the 08FEB boat, we'd see them hit the western states as early as 04MAR!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Well then. I went back through @mboles2 's posts and found that he said most departures from Ze'Germany will come from Bezee, which a quick bing search came back as "Zeebrugge". He also mentioned that Port Hueneme would be the destination for most West Coast deliveries. I don't remember who provided this link https://www.2wglobal.com/webapps?minHt=480&htMethod=bodyLastElem&frameId=145210506576015918&url=https://schedule.2wglobal.com/ScheduleRWD/ , (which is from what I remember them saying was the shipping line Ford uses) but using those ports with upcoming dates, below is a list of potential boats that our RS' could be coming over on! Looks like the travel time from Ze'Germany to Ze'West Coast of Ze'US is ~24 days! If by some miracle Ford could get the first builds on the 08FEB boat, we'd see them hit the western states as early as 04MAR!

Using that, it should take 10-14 days to make it to New York/East Coast.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Using that, it should take 10-14 days to make it to New York/East Coast.
Here's the transit times from Belgium to NY.

·
Registered
325 Posts
so you have 1-2 weeks from Build to boat*, then 11-24 days Sea transit, then 1-2 weeks in customs, then 1-10 days for transit from the Port...

*The only real unknown. How quick is Ford going to get these on the boat? All the other items are taken from every other BMW, VW, and Audi that gets shipped from Germany to here....

·
Registered
334 Posts
The only other thing I can think of that would slow this process down is for the incoming shipments having to clear through customs. Being that these ships are probably moving more than just cars, I could see that process taking a bit of bureaucratic time.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We can't forget that the cars may sit at port until Ford gives them the "OK to Buy". They could have to wait for final EPA fuel economy numbers and window stickers. There could be other delays (issues with parts on the car that need to be changed at port, etc). The Shelby GT350R was a specific performance Ford that was very much delayed. Cars were built as early as July of 2015 and didn't arrive at dealers until later November 2015 (and they are built just outside Detroit). My Focus RS is being built late next week (end of Jan) and I hope all goes smoothly but I don't expect I'll need to install the winter wheel/tire package—which is fine with me (I'll save that for winter 2016/2017). I'd say early March arrival at an East Coast port with delivery to the dealer in the middle of March is the best case scenario but April is a better bet—later if there are any issues similar to the Shelby. Patience.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts