·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Reactions: Not_MM

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Figured I'd check in and see if anybody has received their shipment? Wondering if you're willing to measure the dimensions (height x depth x width) of the phone opening?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Figured I'd check in and see if anybody has received their shipment? Wondering if you're willing to measure the dimensions (height x depth x width) of the phone opening?
Mine should be here on wednesday. Unfortunately they sent it to my billing address instead of my shipping address, so hopefully it doesn't get stolen.

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mine was supposed to be on Tuesday but now it's questionable. Will measure what I can. I will check with a Pixel 4a 5G and Pixel 5 to give you a sense of size.

·
Registered
2016 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I was planning to post some pics and measurements when it shows up... One of us will get it done

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
I'm in Boise, ID and the latest UPS update says enroute to Salt Lake City UT. If that is the airport it's landing at, I'll have it the next day (SLC is about four and a half hours away)

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was planning to post some pics and measurements when it shows up... One of us will get it done
I'm in Boise, ID and the latest UPS update says enroute to Salt Lake City UT. If that is the airport it's landing at, I'll have it the next day (SLC is about four and a half hours away)

Lucky you! Mine was still in Germany on the 10th.

Either or, one of us or both of us will get it.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Lucky you! Mine was still in Germany on the 10th.

Either or, one of us or both of us will get it.
UPS is actually saying mine will be delivered tomorrow.
It sat at enroute to Cologne from Dusseldorf for several days, so I stopped checking it, and then POW, it's nearly to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got my wireless charging pocket today in the mail. I can say it will fit my One Plus 8 Pro with a relatively thin rubber case. Not a lot of wiggle room for a bigger phone. Could probably stand to be a tad thicker, but maybe only 0.5mm taller. Based on this site phone size, I think the other popular "big" phones the Note Ultra and iPhone 12 Pro Max should fit as long as you aren't using a huge case.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #70 (Edited)
As requested...
Dimensions are in the pictures, but from what I can see, here's how it shapes up
Pocket opening is about 1 and 1/2 inches tall, with the actual bit where your phone goes to charge being about 3/4 of an inch tall.
It's about 4 inches deep to the very back of the pocket, and about 6 and 3/8ths wide at the bottom and 6 and 7/8ths at the top.
There is a pronounced bow to the top, I'm guessing that will straighten out once I install it.
The picture with a phone in the pocket is a Google Pixel 5 with a Google Pixel case on it.

My apologies for the messy bench, I am installing an entire system in my Excursion, head unit, door speakers, pair of amps and a JL stealthbox... Too many interior projects going on

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
There is a pronounced bow to the top, I'm guessing that will straighten out once I install it.
I read a few threads on the uk forum where people had a similar issue. I think they used some double-sided tape to hold it up.

Reactions: turdferg74

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Got my wireless charging pocket today in the mail. I can say it will fit my One Plus 8 Pro with a relatively thin rubber case. Not a lot of wiggle room for a bigger phone. Could probably stand to be a tad thicker, but maybe only 0.5mm taller. Based on this site phone size, I think the other popular "big" phones the Note Ultra and iPhone 12 Pro Max should fit as long as you aren't using a huge case.
This is VERY good news. The biggest phone I've ever owned was my OnePlus 7 Pro. I'm usually a Google Nexus/Pixel guy though. So hearing it'll fit a OnePlus Pro sized phone is all I need to know, because I doubt Google will ever release a phone that's as big as that one. Thanks!
As requested...
Dimensions are in the pictures, but from what I can see, here's how it shapes up
Pocket opening is about 1 and 1/2 inches tall, with the actual bit where your phone goes to charge being about 3/4 of an inch tall.
It's about 4 inches deep to the very back of the pocket, and about 6 and 3/8ths wide at the bottom and 6 and 7/8ths at the top.
The picture with a phone in the pocket is a Google Pixel 5 with a Google Pixel case on it.

View attachment 351382

View attachment 351383

View attachment 351384

View attachment 351385

View attachment 351386

View attachment 351387

My apologies for the messy bench, I am installing an entire system in my Excursion, head unit, door speakers, pair of amps and a JL stealthbox... Too many interior projects going on
Thanks for the measurements! The feedback confirms I will be ordering one for myself. Looking forward to being able to use wireless AA without having to worry about battery.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Well, I'm expecting my AA Wireless in May. I just ordered that Qi Charger, when I was looking online the first pic was putting me off of getting it since I know my P4XL does not fit in there, but hearing it is the updated design with the shelf over the USB changed my mind. Now I need to find I new place for my wallet when I drive since the OE cubby there was the perfect height and width. I too added the cup holder to my order, maybe this will be the wallet's new home.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Well, I'm expecting my AA Wireless in May. I just ordered that Qi Charger, when I was looking online the first pic was putting me off of getting it since I know my P4XL does not fit in there, but hearing it is the updated design with the shelf over the USB changed my mind. Now I need to find I new place for my wallet when I drive since the OE cubby there was the perfect height and width. I too added the cup holder to my order, maybe this will be the wallet's new home.
I did the same. I ordered the cup holder as well. Waiting on one more item and starting my install

·
Registered
89 Posts
I did the same. I ordered the cup holder as well. Waiting on one more item and starting my install
I'm still waiting on my charger to come in because it disappeared between here and Germany with no known date. lol.

I'm debating about picking up the cup holder. When yours comes in, can you please measure the depth of the larger cup holder? I have an RTIC 30oz cup that is 8" tall and comes flush to the top of the armrest with the US cup holder. So I'm hoping the UK cup holder will get it lower.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I'm still waiting on my charger to come in because it disappeared between here and Germany with no known date. lol.

I'm debating about picking up the cup holder. When yours comes in, can you please measure the depth of the larger cup holder? I have an RTIC 30oz cup that is 8" tall and comes flush to the top of the armrest with the US cup holder. So I'm hoping the UK cup holder will get it lower.
The front area of the euro cup holder that is deeper measures ~6 inches to the top of the trim around the cup holder

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Good to know! Thank you!

I'm assuming the trim is still at the US factory height?
It's still the same trim, so yeah =P

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts

I can jump in and help with this, as I have the euro cupholder in my RS. Just took some measurements for you. Unfortunately, I have to break it to you that your RTIC cup won't fit. Not because of the height, but because of the diameter. And now... some pics!

With the "trap door" open (looks to be about 6.25" to the top of the trim) (Euro armrest extended out for height reference):

With the "trap door" closed (about 3.25" to the top of the trim):

Side-to-side width of the cupholder opening (while the top of the trim is about 3.5" end-to-end, the actual inside useable width is about 3.25", as you can see the insides protrude in a tiny bit on each side):

Front-to-back of "trap door" compartment (about 3.5"):

As you can see, a 4" wide container definitely won't fit. My Thermos tumbler barely fits pretty snug in there, and the diameter appears to be almost exactly 3.25", confirming my original statement about 3.25" for the width:

Good to know! Thank you!

I'm assuming the trim is still at the US factory height?
While the trim is still factory height, I did notice the standard (non "trap door") cupholder height is shorter than the original ones that came in the USDM RS. Doesn't bother me though. Small price to pay for the flexibility of having the sliding edges and deep compartment.

Reactions: Not_MM and nicklulu

·
Registered
89 Posts
I can jump in and help with this, as I have the euro cupholder in my RS. Just took some measurements for you. Unfortunately, I have to break it to you that your RTIC cup won't fit. Not because of the height, but because of the diameter. And now... some pics!

With the "trap door" open (looks to be about 6.25" to the top of the trim) (Euro armrest extended out for height reference):

With the "trap door" closed (about 3.25" to the top of the trim):

Side-to-side width of the cupholder opening (while the top of the trim is about 3.5" end-to-end, the actual inside useable width is about 3.25", as you can see the insides protrude in a tiny bit on each side):

Front-to-back of "trap door" compartment (about 3.5"):

As you can see, a 4" wide container definitely won't fit. My Thermos tumbler barely fits pretty snug in there, and the diameter appears to be almost exactly 3.25", confirming my original statement about 3.25" for the width:

While the trim is still factory height, I did notice the standard (non "trap door") cupholder height is shorter than the original ones that came in the USDM RS. Doesn't bother me though. Small price to pay for the flexibility of having the sliding edges and deep compartment.

Wow, thank you so much for the thorough review.

I measured my RTIC cup that I use and it's a 3" diameter that is maintained for about 3" high before it begins to flare out to be 4" wide at the top.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts