·
Registered
1,133 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just ordered one through here:

$140 shipped to the US.
Any idea how large a phone it will fit? My S9 won't fit in the current cubby. Maybe why they dont make them anymore.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No problem! Now the waiting game on my AA Wireless and then this charger. Time to see which one arrives first even the AA Wireless is already in the states, just don't when I will see it. lol
I just did my aawireless today, so i've got a bit of a wait still

Reactions: Not_MM

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
How difficult was the wireless charger pocket?
Are the connections already there behind it?
If it's the same as this one, then the installation looks really straightforward. It has a split that uses the existing connection for the USB port. Although, the one in this video looks different than the one @Not_MM got from European-Parts. The one in this video looks to have an edge-to-edge opening above the USB port, whereas the one from Euro-Parts looks the same as the stock one (with the whole side space taken up by the USB port section).

Any idea how large a phone it will fit? My S9 won't fit in the current cubby. Maybe why they dont make them anymore.
This is the only thing that is holding me back from ordering it. My Pixel 5 (in a PTU case) can't even fit in the current cubby. And I hate the small size, so my next phone will hopefully be even bigger if they release another Pixel XL version. The layout of the Euro-Parts one looks exactly the same as our current one, so I don't think it would fit. The one in Adam Rainey's video (above) has a wider opening though. Not sure why the RHD one would be different. Or maybe the one he got isn't OEM, even though he claims it is.

Reactions: turdferg74

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Actually, upon closer inspection of the European-Parts listing, the second picture I believe shows the image with the wider opening on the instructions (the first may be just a pic of the stock cubby). It also appears to be made by ACV, which is the same as in Adam Rainey's YT video. @Not_MM, can you confirm what the opening looks like when you receive it? I would imagine you will probably get it at some point next week, as Sascha ships pretty quickly and uses DHL Express. If you can confirm it is the wider opening, I'm for sure in for one!

Reactions: turdferg74

·
Registered
2016 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I noticed the layout differences as well. I'd rather have the wider one with the USB relocated as well. Interested as to what that looks like when it shows up. They have the euro spec cup holder as well

Reactions: Si2RS

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Pausing that video on the back of the pocket, I see a manufacturer and part number.
ACV is a German manufacturing company that does a bunch of these kind of parts for lots of car manufacturers.
I have emailed their English speaking sales folks to see if they can be bought from the source.
Looks like the part number is 241114-53-1.

I'll post up any replies I get. Maybe we can do a mass buy if folks are interested.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
I noticed the layout differences as well. I'd rather have the wider one with the USB relocated as well. Interested as to what that looks like when it shows up. They have the euro spec cup holder as well
Yup! Sascha over at European-Parts is great. I've ordered a bunch of stuff from him. The euro cupholders, euro armrest, and most recently, the rear headrests and euro mirrors. It ain't cheap, but all quality, genuine OEM Ford parts.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
Looks like it'll be about 300 USD for the charger and the euro spec cup holder.
Trigger : Pulled

Reactions: Not_MM and Si2RS

·
Registered
89 Posts
@Not_MM, can you confirm what the opening looks like when you receive it? I would imagine you will probably get it at some point next week, as Sascha ships pretty quickly and uses DHL Express. If you can confirm it is the wider opening, I'm for sure in for one!
Once I receive it, I will take some photos and comparisons with my Pixel 5. My wife has a Pixel 4A 5G, so I will check that as well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
What wireless charger are you using?
The same one posted above from European Parts. Took a week to arrive.

How difficult was the wireless charger pocket?
Are the connections already there behind it?
The hardest part was removing all the trim. It comes with a harness to piggy back off the power from the 12v plug next to the shifter.

EDIT: Video was already posted.

Crappy Cell phone pic:
Pixel 4xl with a tpu case fits snug in there thickness wise.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
The same one posted above from European Parts. Took a week to arrive.

The hardest part was removing all the trim. It comes with a harness to piggy back off the power from the 12v plug next to the shifter.

EDIT: Video was already posted.

Crappy Cell phone pic:
Pixel 4xl with a tpu case fits snug in there thickness wise.
View attachment 351013
Nice! Thanks for confirming that! Looks like I'll be placing an order. Not looking forward to removing that airbag bezel under the radio again... That was the only part that was hard when doing the cupholders. At least I don't have to take out the whole center console again.

So if it's snug thickness wise, is it a pain to get it out? Also, is there some wiggle room on the top and bottom of the phone (the sides of the cubby)?

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
Crazy. Does this work for jailbroke phones?
You referring to an iPhone? Probably not since this is specific to Android Auto.

·
Registered
2017 SG RS1
1,169 Posts
You can jailbreak both. But I guess does it work for jail broken androids?
Oh. My bad. We don't call it jailbreaking in the Android community. We refer to it as rooting (and/or unlocking). But yeah, I'm assuming any phone that works with Android Auto will work with this. My rooted Pixel 5 works just fine with Android Auto.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Oh. My bad. We don't call it jailbreaking in the Android community. We refer to it as rooting (and/or unlocking). But yeah, I'm assuming any phone that works with Android Auto will work with this. My rooted Pixel 5 works just fine with Android Auto.
Hahah root. My bad. Haven't done it in a while. Was going to root my phone to watch movies on the R$

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
ACV won't sell straight to consumers it seems...

Hello John,

Due to an exclusive contract with Ford, we are unfortunately unable to sell Ford items to other customers.
The best way to get an answer for your question is to contact a Ford dealer directly.
I hope this will help you too.
Have a great day and stay healthy.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, best regards

Stella Gerhards
Trainee

Fon | Fax +49 2431 9645 55
www.acvgmbh.de | www.wechargethefuture.com

·
Registered
89 Posts
FYI to anyone else waiting on their AA Wireless, DHL provides a secondary tracking number, which is a USPS tracking number. Mine just got delivered to the local USPS spot today, so I should have it tomorrow!

21 - 40 of 102 Posts