Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I was fortunate to take delivery of another rally inspired piece of design today ... my Autodromo Goup B watch.

As a long time rally fan, with an interest in the crazy days of Group B, and a lover of most things mechanical (as most 'car guys' are) when this watch came out it caught my attention.

With the dial inspired by the gauges inside the Lancia 037, and the wrist strap inspired by the seat harness' ... I did all I could not to buy it, but then I gave up.

As a perfect fit for my Frozen White Focus RS, I sold it to myself.

Anyway pics.

Yes, taken on the drivers seat of my RS. Enjoy.

I bought the white/black (same as my car) but their blue matches Nitrous quite well ... and the yellow would be the natural instrument gauge colour.

Not trying to tempt anyone though ...

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Niiice....I do have a couple of nice watches....and given I was a big fan of Group B and given that my favourite Group B car was the 037, I am very tempted!! Thanks for the post!!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I folded...and bought one!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Looks great rudeboy, and I can't shy away from the fact that I'm both a nostalgic and massive fan of Group B also..........:)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
How does it wear? I believe they are very light correct?
The strap started a bit rigid and square (to be expected) but has 'softened' up nicely, and now sits comfortably.

Very light is correct.

Although the case has a stainless steel centre piece supporting the titanium watch body, it does feel weighted (or lack thereof) like a full titanium watch. The nylon strap definitely helps keep weight down too.

I like the flexibility of it as well, you can wear it formal (black strap) or casual (coloured strap) in fact I've been wearing it with the strap turned over to show the Autodromo 'harness' patch for a sporty look ...

Looks great rudeboy, and I can't shy away from the fact that I'm both a nostalgic and massive fan of Group B also..........:)
I thought of you as I posted, I was going to give a @Rallye Sport !

I folded...and bought one!
That's gold ... and made me laugh!

What colour did you choose?

It's actually a very subtle watch ... the single hex crown winder, the two little flush screws in the centre watch face, the group B writing are details which don't scream out.

Although, I was hoping the white marking would have been whiter (like the pure red and yellow colour watches), its got that greeninsh luminescent colour to it.

More info here ... Autodromo Group B Review - worn&wound

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
The strap started a bit rigid and square (to be expected) but has 'softened' up nicely, and now sits comfortably.

Very light is correct.

Although the case has a stainless steel centre piece supporting the titanium watch body, it does feel weighted (or lack thereof) like a full titanium watch. The nylon strap definitely helps keep weight down too.

I like the flexibility of it as well, you can wear it formal (black strap) or casual (coloured strap) in fact I've been wearing it with the strap turned over to show the Autodromo 'harness' patch for a sporty look ...

I thought of you as I posted, I was going to give a @Rallye Sport !

That's gold ... and made me laugh!

What colour did you choose?

It's actually a very subtle watch ... the single hex crown winder, the two little flush screws in the centre watch face, the group B writing are details which don't scream out.

Although, I was hoping the white marking would have been whiter (like the pure red and yellow colour watches), its got that greeninsh luminescent colour to it.

More info here ... Autodromo Group B Review - worn&wound
Well my RS is NB so I'll give you one only guess!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts