Ford Focus RS Forum banner

A couple of tidbits from AMS

Tags
ams
5K views 24 replies 23 participants last post by  MN_RS 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I agree, their parts are extremely nice but you are paying a premium for the name compared to some others. I'll be interested to see where the prices end up.

Reactions: 2001s2k
#3 ·
carbon fiber charge pipes? how much of a weight savings and does it come with a metal section?

#5 ·
This is good. With AMS involved it means high-qual engine build parts will be avail. Yes, they are pricier than others, but their R&D and quality is 2nd to none (imho).

#6 ·
Will be interesting to see how their car handles 400whp

#10 ·
Take me AMS, my body is ready.!

Reactions: DBags18
#13 · (Edited)
I wonder if they'll be able to fix/tune this overboost function which I read about at 21 seconds. But at the same time it's there for a reason..to protect the engine, so obviously it's a risk you're willing to take. I mean that goes for anything aftermarket performance wise. I love my RS I waited 9 months saving money month after month, doing all this research, all the excitement, I just feel like all us RS owners deserve more. I love you Ford, but I wanna know what they'll say about this particular situation, I mean it's all speculation right? But we are seeing hard evidence. I don't regret buying the RS though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#15 ·
It's just crazy to see how expensive their parts have gotten from their early days. Their fit and finish isn't necessarily outstanding either, unless it's for the GT-R class cars. Their Evo X Ti exhaust is around $1200-1300 for catback iirc though, which is kinda in line with others these days. So, guess it comes down to seeing prices and performance. But, overall, it is fantastic news for the RS community.

#17 ·
Ok...I am also interested in seeing what data they extract from slamming the RDU with these upgrades. But, I am further interested in some upgrades depending on cost and this may be the way to go depending. Good to hear though we have several solid players testing things out.

#20 ·
If you go to their facebook page there are some 360 pictures from their open house this past weekend. Their white RS is there with what look to be a couple of 3D printed parts sitting on a table next to it, including new intake piping, so they're definitely not wasting any time. Whether those parts are for the RS, I don't know but let's hope so.

#22 ·
Fantastic news! I knew AMS would support the RS especially with the evo going away.

#23 · (Edited)
#25 ·
They're running their torque pretty high for the stock block, and Adam makes more HP on his race gas tune since they are going on crank HP numbers.

The intake looks sexy. Hopefully they carry one over to the RS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.