Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I reach my 70th year on Dec 23 I find myself eagerly waiting for the RS I ordered last week. My wife kept asking me for a wish list as our birthdays are a day apart and we aren't doing Christmas presents. So I said how about a Focus RS? To my surprise she said let's do it! So here I sit waiting. I spent most of my adult life (after 4 years in the Army Artillery during Vietnam) in the auto trade. I came home in 69, started selling Mercedes-Benz in 71 and finally walked away from the business in 2010. I've been unemployed/retired since then but have been able to do so much more with my life. I feel lucky to be alive having survived prostate cancer in 08 and a very serious cardiac arrest in 2013. For some reason my wife still loves me and I her so we both do as we please. I've been riding motorcycles since I was 12 and now have too many- should sell a few so I can concentrate on the RS. In any case that's a little about me for now.
Mac Morgan
Hockessin, DE

·
Registered
171 Posts
Awesome news! Welcome to the site! Hopefully you'll be able to meet up with some Delaware folks.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Sell all the bikes

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Welcome! I'm sure your years have given you lots of wisdom you can spread amongst some of us youngens here.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome

It was good to hear from you. I was beginning to think I was the only one on this forum who was over 60. I read a post a while back about older fellas looking out of place in cars such as the RS. Come on. We're old; we aren't dead.

·
Registered
555 Posts
As one of the over 60's children on here....HAPPY BIRTHDAY yee old fart;)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Welcome, Mac! It's not your age that matters, it's your attitude. I suspect you'll get many great years out of your RS.

Jim

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Welcome and congrats on one of the coolest birthday gifts you could give/get!!!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all. The RS came in about 2 weeks ago and I've been enjoying it ever since. Been out looking for VW Rs and WRXs! Luckily I haven't found any yet!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thank you all. The RS came in about 2 weeks ago and I've been enjoying it ever since. Been out looking for VW Rs and WRXs! Luckily I haven't found any yet!
Congrats and enjoy!

We probably received our RSs at about the same time.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mac,

One of my co-workers commented that I was too old for a car like the RS.

The only thing that popped into my mind was;

Good for you man! I am not selling any of my bikes!

Enjoy what you like.

B.

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
Mac when I get older I want to be you. You're a gem, the fact that you and your wife are still both in agreement is timeless. At 70 and still wanting a stick is exactly where I want to be. Never get old enjoy the car and most of all enjoy life with your wife.

Happy birthday, you picked the perfect present.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mac - From a fellow former Delawarean (Talleyville, Wilmington, DE) born and raised, thank you for your service and I hope you love your RS.

Having good health and a wife that sticks by you through thick and thin is an incredible blessing. I hope I'm still as young as heart as you if I'm lucky to make it as far as you did. ENJOY!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts