Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall, I am currently on the stage 0 cobb tune, installing some bolt ons Friday then going to my tuner's tune. Did some WOT pulls and I'm getting super extreme ignition correction, -7.4 cyl 4, -5.64 cyl 1. Knock count is only 1 in each cylinder. I am noticing zero other performance issues besides the high correction. Happened on a WOT pull once car was brought to temp , 3k RPM 3rd gear, happened right at beginning of acceleration.

The car has only 5,000 miles, always have used 93 octane.

·
Registered
744 Posts
My recommendation would be to remove the Cobb tune and consult your tuner before proceeding further. Those are large corrections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
863 Posts
from what I have read it is only an issue if it is during the wot pull and not the start. someone else can correct us

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My recommendation would be to remove the Cobb tune and consult your tuner before proceeding further. Those are large corrections.

seems like I should wait on tuning until my tuner gives me the go ahead?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just my two cents mate. Large corrections may indicate that you have an issue that a tuner can adjust for before any damage occurs.

right agreed. I am wondering if its happening cause it’s the **** stage 0 tune Cobb provides with the access port. I emailed my tuner before I do anything, tune or modification wise. Like I said it’s only 5k miles so practically brand new, kinda shocking unless there was a mfg defect as I’ve really baby’d her until this point

·
Registered
744 Posts
The Cobb OTS tunes for the RS don’t have a brilliant reputation unfortunately. Ran on mine for less than a day before getting a tune and car didn’t like it at all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Cobb OTS tunes for the RS don’t have a brilliant reputation unfortunately. Ran on mine for less than a day before getting a tune and car didn’t like it at all.

Right, I emailed him just in case. Think I should take it off and go bone stock until I'm ready to tune?

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
from what I have read it is only an issue if it is during the wot pull and not the start. someone else can correct us
That's correct, you will see huge corrections going over bumps and such. You only want to look at the corrections when doing a pull. You cannot pay attention to the min and Max that your AP is showing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's correct, you will see huge corrections going over bumps and such. You only want to look at the corrections when doing a pull. You cannot pay attention to the min and Max that your AP is showing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
yeah the 7- was at the beginning of a WOT pull

·
Registered
744 Posts
Good point. If you review a log and see negative corrections at WOT, then you may have problems. At other times these corrections are normal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good point. If you review a log and see negative corrections at WOT, then you may have problems. At other times these corrections are normal.

Yeah correction was in the beginning of a WOT pull, I think I'm going to baby it when I do drive it for now, and just wait till my parts arrive friday. I have the tune ready from my tuner I just need to get the parts installed.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yeah correction was in the beginning of a WOT pull, I think I'm going to baby it when I do drive it for now, and just wait till my parts arrive friday. I have the tune ready from my tuner I just need to get the parts installed.
Can you post your data log using datazap? It's actually fairly common for neg corrections to occur right at the beginning of the pull. Have a look at my Mountune log:

Granted, -7 and -5 are fairly large, but if the corrections even out and recover, the tune is working as intended.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So isn't the cobb stg 0 just the stock tune? Most likely you were getting these corrections before you married the accessport. No matter what, I would go easy on it till you talk to your tuner. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So isn't the cobb stg 0 just the stock tune? Most likely you were getting these corrections before you married the accessport. No matter what, I would go easy on it till you talk to your tuner. Better safe than sorry.
It's a stock-like tune, not the actual stock tune. My car doesn't like it either.

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
176 Posts
Have you done a data log to see where the negative corrections are? I have negative corrections during shifts. When I let of the gas and get back on it quickly you get a negative correction but when you datalog the rest of the rpm range is clear.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Have you done a data log to see where the negative corrections are? I have negative corrections during shifts. When I let of the gas and get back on it quickly you get a negative correction but when you datalog the rest of the rpm range is clear.
He said in the original post it was at the first hit of the throttle.

Ciao

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've had a Tune+ tune on mine for almost 90K, and I get max reads of -2 to -5 on various cylinders from time to time. Datalogs are always normal. Everything said so far I agree with, but wouldn't worry about it much. ymmv

1 - 19 of 19 Posts