Ford Focus RS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,341 Posts
Isn't that the same thing they said for a +$40,000 Focus when it was released?

But I think it might be just a lateral move from the RS, so..... I won't be able to pull the trigger to spend more on a GRC compared to my RS LE.

·
Registered
605 Posts
That's about a 4-5k price bump over that the various RS trims sold at. Mine was stickered at around 43k if I remember right.

Honestly it's priced right where I was expecting it to be, a lot of people were assuming these were going to be 25k WRX killers and I never got that vibe from Toyota.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
I wish we got the GR Yaris, I'd have put money into that. Its basically an AWD Fiesta with the current 2.3L ST motor.

2800lbs, 300hp, AWD sounds like a winning combination to me.

The GR Carolla is decently light around 3100-3200lbs, which puts it right in Golf R territory and makes the RS the piggy of the group at 3450lbs'ish.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Seems like a solid price. $37k is well below the Golf R as well. In fact, $37K is surprisingly low compared to our RS at $36k if adjusting for inflation. Toyota seems to be using the vehicle as a hype machine though, not as a way to establish more performance following, by limiting production numbers for exclusivity purposes. Wish they would try to get in on the missing STi and RS market instead. By being an exclusivity promotional vehicle there's a good chance this won't survive past one, maybe two generations.

I too think the GRC is a lateral move from the RS, so no point for us, but I am happy to see it made for everyone else!

·
Premium Member
2017 Focus RS (Canada) / 2022 Hyundai Elantra N / 2009 VW Golf GTI
590 Posts
I was interested, but ultimately decided it's probably too much like the RS. We already have an AWD sporty car so we decided not to wait, and we're picking up a 2022 Elantra N 6MT tomorrow.

Reactions: W4R

·
Registered
191 Posts
I just watched Engineering Explained description of the GRC awd system. And the first reviews (Throttle House). I'm biased, but RS>GR!
RS awd is definitely better. The GR clutch pack slips to a Torsen, which is not limited slip. RS slips left and right, giving us torque vectoring.(I put the Torsen in my FiST and it improved the car immensely, but it's no torque vectoring limited slip!)
If i had the choice between a new RS and the GRC, I think I'd take the RS just for the awd system. Of course mine's modified and I'm never going back to stock. Who knows what the GRC is capable of, but it will be hard to match drift mode with a Torsen at the back.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I just watched Engineering Explained description of the GRC awd system. And the first reviews (Throttle House). I'm biased, but RS>GR!
RS awd is definitely better. The GR clutch pack slips to a Torsen, which is not limited slip. RS slips left and right, giving us torque vectoring.(I put the Torsen in my FiST and it improved the car immensely, but it's no torque vectoring limited slip!)
If i had the choice between a new RS and the GRC, I think I'd take the RS just for the awd system. Of course mine's modified and I'm never going back to stock. Who knows what the GRC is capable of, but it will be hard to match drift mode with a Torsen at the back.
Check out my friends channel on YouTube (Motive Video) and see how far he took his GR if you are interested in seeing its capabilities.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Uhh, Torsens are limited slip. TORque SENsing differential. Its a gear based limited slip. Zexel Torsen. Its not an open diff by any means.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts