Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello Guys, so after running on an e-tune from JST performance i've decided to get a dyno tune and also do E30. Nishan at (@tunedbynishan on instagram) speed per6rmanc3 did the dyno tune last weekend, made some solid numbers.
411whp/438wtq on E30
395whp/446wtq on 93

Car feels great almost stock feel and power is so linear, so happy with the results. If you guys don't know Nishan is one of the highly knowledgeable tuners in the country for Ecoboost engines and Mazdaspeed's and more. Hit him up at "[email protected]" if you have any questions or inquiries, if you are looking for a tuner i highly recommend him. FOLLOW MY BUILD ON INSTAGRAM @RSMRK3
Also if you thinking to get a built engine contact speed per6rmanc3 at "[email protected]" , their work speaks for themselves and excellent customer service as an added bonus.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Abhi - what mods do you have? I'm currently stock and wondering what I really need to get similar results. Was looking at the Mountune B7 pkg @ $1999 but also wouldn't mind getting dyno tuned locally w/ Nishan.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Abhi - what mods do you have? I'm currently stock and wondering what I really need to get similar results. Was looking at the Mountune B7 pkg @ $1999 but also wouldn't mind getting dyno tuned locally w/ Nishan.
Hey bro, im FBO, stock charge pipes. B7 is a great package, the thing is every tuner is different and i'm sure there is a lot of people on the forum using B7 package with Mountune. I suggest to look at their results, if you planning to tune with Mountune and see if that's what you looking for but even you get it and not happy you can always go to a different tuner. From my experience, if you wanna get most outta your mods i recommend dyno tuning. Hit up Nishan at "[email protected]" if you have questions regarding dyno tune, im sure he can remote tune too if you are too far from him. Good Luck with the build and enjoy the RS. Listed my mods below.

PERFORMANCE MODS:
Injen Intake
Borla ATAK EXHAUST
@depo racing Catless DP
Mountune WGA
Mountune Recirc Valve
ETS IC
Snow performance stage 3 WMI(Not Using Now)

OTHER:
Radium Breather Plate
Radium PCV catch can
Boomba Throttle Body Spacer
Cobb motor Mount
Fortune Auto 500 Coilovers
Massivespeed rear Camber & Toe arms

·
Registered
560 Posts
Congrats on those numbers. Is the first time I see ~390whp on stock internals with 93 octane. Nomrally I see ~350whp.

kudos!

·
Registered
339 Posts
Not to burst anyone's bubble but I find the dyno graph hard to believe. It's very common knowledge that the factory turbo peaks somewhere between 5,500-6,000 RPM and the HP falls off rather dramatically past that. The only way you would be able to sustain peak power past 6,000 RPM is to run an aftermarket turbo or add another power maker such at nitrous, etc.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not to burst anyone's bubble but I find the dyno graph hard to believe. It's very common knowledge that the factory turbo peaks somewhere between 5,500-6,000 RPM and the HP falls off rather dramatically past that. The only way you would be able to sustain peak power past 6,000 RPM is to run an aftermarket turbo or add another power maker such at nitrous, etc.
No aftermarket turbo, i do have the water/meth kit but we didn't use it as the power dropped 25whp every time we sprayed 50/50 mix. Will soon get a tune on E30+pure meth.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm looking at similar power on E85, just because I'm lazy and dont want to mix for E30. I'm curious on how your power kept going until ~7200 rpm tho.

Mines an etune from tune + with fbo/aux fuel. Stock turbo/motor.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I hate to be that guy but that day I is not calibrated right. Mine is also dyno tunes at LMS and they also do a ton of ecoboost. I was able to max out the stock turbo with a heavy shot of straight M1 meth mine also fell off up top. I was able to get 389awhp out of mine and that more meth than you could feed e with stock fuel pump.
So take the numbers with a grain of salt.
Most Dyno graphs are a bit off. Our local one is and that’s not an issue.
Do you have your stock graph to see what you actually gained. That would help make sense. Please post stock 93 run vs your new one. That way you eliminate the guesse work. Not saying it’s not a great time but I’m more curious in gains not max power cause that easily fudged.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wow that's very very impressive. On e30 best I made was around 390sh at peak hp but by redline I was making alot less HP. I'm curious on how they manage to keep the power till redline.

I'm now on a Precision Turbo on e30 and it makes 400tq/400whp on stock internals but now I'm able to hold 400whp from about 5500rpms till redline. Damm if I had made the power curve you make on the stock turbo I would of kept the turbo stock.

Congrats brother ?!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
No aftermarket turbo, i do have the water/meth kit but we didn't use it as the power dropped 25whp every time we sprayed 50/50 mix. Will soon get a tune on E30+pure meth.
Can you post pics and discuss your installation of the meth setup. I want to do this to help with my E30 tune to keep temps down and reduce any knock potential AND of course to get some more timing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wow that's very very impressive. On e30 best I made was around 390sh at peak hp but by redline I was making alot less HP. I'm curious on how they manage to keep the power till redline.

I'm now on a Precision Turbo on e30 and it makes 400tq/400whp on stock internals but now I'm able to hold 400whp from about 5500rpms till redline. Damm if I had made the power curve you make on the stock turbo I would of kept the turbo stock.

Congrats brother ?!!!
Thanks bro, Nishan said he will explain these questions in detail as he's a little busy at the moment. I'm curious to know too.

That's a great turbo you got there bro.(y)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Can you post pics and discuss your installation of the meth setup. I want to do this to help with my E30 tune to keep temps down and reduce any knock potential AND of course to get some more timing.
Please check the pictures for my setup. Its pretty straight forward but a time taking process, i didn't do the install myself but i was present the whole time. It took almost 8hours to finish for us. So, before my dyno tune i had the e tune from JST for 93+meth and my car has pulled crazy timing. When i was getting the dyno tune recently, we've see 25whp dropping everytime we spray on 93 with 50/50. Nishan showed me the logs of a Mazdaspeed3 which had the same issue few years ago. We don't know the exact reason of why this is happening but Nishan gussed its because of water content in the mix might be the reason. So he recommended using pure methanol like VP racing M1 just like @Snox801 said they used. For now i'm put a hold to it and enjoy the car. I will eventually try the pure meth but im still not comfortable with the idea because pure methanol is kinda sketchy. So if you are just looking to get more timing plan to use pure meth and i don't recommend using it if you daily it. Even now when i spray the water/meth mix the charge temps drops so low but its just not giving me any performance. Good Luck with the build and let me know if you any questions (Y)

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts