219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Please don’t. Never seen Chinese aftermarket headlights pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah if you could keep the stock unit but just change the LED DRL that would be cool, but our headlights are actually really good. I love the swivel feature and the illumination is great. It could be a safety issue to change to a Chinese knock off...

That ST does look pretty good tho with the wide body and all...

·
Registered
715 Posts
I did a nice retro on my ST, but wouldn't bother with on the RS if you care about lighting performance. The adaptive lighting I believe offsets any benefit you'd have of running better projectors. I tossed in a set of Osram CBIs and am happy with the increased output and better color. The projectors in those Chinese headlights are a big downgrade from OEM, AND do not have any adaptive lighting features. Really not even worth it unless you bake them open and toss a really nice projector in.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's true. I never thought of potential safety issues...might not be a good idea then.

·
Registered
31 Posts
installing Lumen aftermarket headlights

Has anybody installed Lumen aftermarket headlight. It's look very cool and I saw it on one RS at instagram (wyld_rs__) and definitely want to have the same.
One thing that really doubts me, there is notice that it will fits only RS/S/SE/... with Factory Halogen Headlights. Maybe someone know how difficult it can be to install it?

I'm new to the forum and cant post links now. I found it on CARID website if you are interesting.
View attachment 311530

·
Super Moderator
15,797 Posts
This is the car mentioned:

The lights are similar to the FoST in the OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
Has anybody installed Lumen aftermarket headlight. It's look very cool and I saw it on one RS at instagram (wyld_rs__) and definitely want to have the same.
One thing that really doubts me, there is notice that it will fits only RS/S/SE/... with Factory Halogen Headlights. Maybe someone know how difficult it can be to install it?

I'm new to the forum and cant post links now. I found it on CARID website if you are interesting.
View attachment 311530
For the price, I wouldn't expect anything decent.

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you really want something unique, there are a lot of good fabricators out there. I've had Kustom 54 build two sets of headlights for me in the past, and he does really nice work. You're going to pay for it, though. Unfortunately, the cheapo aftermarket stuff is probably going to have garbage projectors on it. The stock ones on the RS aren't too shabby.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have quite a few pic's on my instagram, the light output isn't too bad but it's definitely not the same as stock. They're smoked units, so inherently less light. Still very liveable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
is it easy to install it? what headlight are this? I search through web and didn't find any aftermarket headlight for RS

·
Registered
112 Posts
I ordered some aftermarket lights from SpeedDaddy (eBay) and they came with a broken clip and the plug for the lights doesnt work. Returning them and not looking back.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Headlights are there to illuminate my path. I don't really care so much about how they work as much as how they function.

On older cars (muscle cars) and anything that still relies sealed beams just about every lighting upgrade, cheap Chinese or not is usually worth it.

On cars like ours with factory HIDs? Our lighting systems are plenty good, and I wouldn't ever change them out just for looks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Are there any quality options for headlights besides OEM? I don't care too much on the style, just need to be functional and work with the OEM harness / mounts. They are crazy expensive new from Ford, so am trying to find a budget friendly alternative. I'm rebuilding a totaled RS and both headlights were pretty badly damaged.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts