Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I wanted to share some 360 videos at an HPDE mostly because I think the tech is really neat and I think it turned out pretty nice. You can use your phone to move around the video or if you have a VR headset, that works too!

Be sure to set the quality manually to 4k in YouTube.

Here's my first session of the day that didn't have the greatest of lines as I figured out the track

Here's a high traffic session that is kinda fun to look behind you at cars.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hey folks,

I wanted to share some 360 videos at an HPDE mostly because I think the tech is really neat and I think it turned out pretty nice. You can use your phone to move around the video or if you have a VR headset, that works too!

Be sure to set the quality manually to 4k in YouTube.

Here's my first session of the day that didn't have the greatest of lines as I figured out the track

Here's a high traffic session that is kinda fun to look behind you at cars.
What kind of camera do you need to shoot this? Can you post your setup?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of camera do you need to shoot this? Can you post your setup?
Right, I should have moved that info from YouTube to this description too.

Shot with a GoPro Fusion 360 at 5.2k but reduced to 4k for YouTube. Pro Tune turned on and exposure set to -2 to brighten the outside of the car while sacrificing brightness in the car.

Rendered with GoPro Fusion Studio with stabilization turned off.

Telemetry retrieved from ODB2 reader with TrackAddict for Android
https://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Wireless-Bluetooth-Diagnostic/dp/B005NLQAHS/

I used a custom headrest mount made out of aluminum square pipe drilled to match the holes in my headrest.

The gauges were overlayed on the video using RaceRender paid edition.
http://racerender.com/RR3/Features.html

Some of the gauges are more like guesses. Throttle does not seem to be accurate when wide open but looks to be accurate for when I initially step on it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts