Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Ha. I hit the oil change date long before I hit the mileage one. I prepaid (~$450) for 10 oil changes when I bought my car. I just take it in every few months or after a track day.

However, my RS was overheating on the track yesterday way worse than any other time. Only like 2-3 laps before drive mode selection unavail, then 4-5 before the car went into limp mode and I just aired it out on the track. Frustrating, but it was 100*. Two other RSs out and both having issues. Pretty sure both were stock. One guy threw some 110 in his tank and was having worse go of it. I guess of the 4 track days I've had in an RS, one was RSAA and it was flurrying (and the RSAA cars...), one was an evening track night, and the only other day track sesh I had was 80s and it wasn't that bad. Sucks, but you just gotta do 2 fast laps, 1+ cool lap, or just 1 to 1. At the end of the day, it's a street car in some extremely demanding conditions. If I needed it to not over heat, I know it can be done without much work. But the 1-2x a year I'm out on the track, I can do 2 fast then 1 cool, or go on the fringes of the season.

Anyway. So the best 2 cars in the hot hatch segment over heat on the track in demanding conditions. Most CTRs and RSs wont see a track anyway.
You know I'm not a big fan of these heavily discounted or free servicing offers. I mean can you imagine the quality of oil and filter and the competence of mechanic you are going to get for $45 oil and filter change. It's bad enough now when they treat an oil and filter change with scant regard and throw the apprentice on it assuming it's a "no brainer" add to that the zero profit margin the servicing organisation is going to make using high quality oil and filters and you see the issue.
I dont want anything to do with free services or "great value" pay in advance servicing deals. I've been in the Maintenance business too long for that.

Ciao

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
You know I'm not a big fan of these heavily discounted or free servicing offers. I mean can you imagine the quality of oil and filter and the competence of mechanic you are going to get for $45 oil and filter change. It's bad enough now when they treat an oil and filter change with scant regard and throw the apprentice on it assuming it's a "no brainer" add to that the zero profit margin the servicing organisation is going to make using high quality oil and filters and you see the issue.
I dont want anything to do with free services or "great value" pay in advance servicing deals. I've been in the Maintenance business too long for that.

Ciao
Yup, and I made sure it was the right oil before I bought! Specific to the RS, and used the correct oil. I probably wont do it again though. I would do it myself, but I don't have the time to futs around and learn right now.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts