Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My seat pivots and I lost a wheel stud somehow.

Just wondering what other work people are getting done under warranty?

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
The entire infotainment system is slowly crapping the bed. Everyday its a little worse.

Yesterday the GPS was showing me drive on wrong streets, driving through fields and buildings. It's making me miss the old SYNC system in my 14 ST.:(

Other than that, I can't really complain about the car.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have listed; seat leather wear, LHD door card separating from frame, trunk proximity button failing, nuts securing rear wing loose or missing and RHS drivers door rubbers chattering

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,169 Posts

Seat fix is a $2 dyi..don't think Ford even has a solution. If worried get an extended Ford warranty...they ate very affordable...but do it before oem warranty expires.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Check the interior for any kind of rattles around trip pieces. A and B pillar trim, dash etc. Easy things to fix when you have a warranty as dealers usually won't give you any hassle, they just replace. I just had my A pillar trim replaced because it rattled ever so when pulling away in first gear. I'm sure the Mountune RMM exasperated the vibration but one of the clips was also broke.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yes, plus one on the leaks! Take the undertray off and take a look under the car yourself. If you find any leaks take photos and bring them to the dealer. You never know if the regular old oil change tech will see the small leaks or know where to look.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I just bought an 8yr/100k ESP so I dont have to worry. I had them handle any TSBs that were posted but I dont have any real concerns at the moment.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
The entire infotainment system is slowly crapping the bed. Everyday its a little worse.

Yesterday the GPS was showing me drive on wrong streets, driving through fields and buildings. It's making me miss the old SYNC system in my 14 ST.:(

Other than that, I can't really complain about the car.
Uhm, this constantly happened in my ‘14 ST and never once in my RS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Looking at my log, here's the whole list of warranty work done since Feb 2017:
-Driver seat clicking (they "fixed" it with ghetto tube clamps, but I ended up fixing it again with the appropriate sized shaft collars)
-Floppy passenger side sun visor (does not fully stay up)
-Reverse camera would not turn on intermittently (unable to replicate by dealer, not addressed)
-Rattling when closing the rear hatch (turned out to be loose screws holding the rear hatch cover directly underneath the spoiler)
-HG recall
-Valve cover oil leak (due to HG recall) x2 trips: not enough sealant at cam gear area and then had to come back due to bad/damaged inner seals around spark plugs
-Shift selector housing leak (was told it was "normal" by 3 dealers, ended up fixing it myself)

Over all, not bad, but still more than i would like for a new car

·
Premium Member
2,033 Posts
Uhm, this constantly happened in my ‘14 ST and never once in my RS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Had the same problem with my '13 ST. There is a fix, but you have to look it up related to more expensive SYNC2 Fords... Edge, Explorer, Lincolns etc.. It's referred to as 'offset' and there's an across the line SYNC2 fix comprising of a free reflash. My RS has never done it.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I'd say try updating the headunit to version 3+ and make sure it all works. I ran into an issue where I could not update and the dealer is getting me a new APIM, just within the 3-year

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

How does a wheel stud come off?
It looks like it cracked, because one side of the stud is rusted and the other is a clean shear.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looking at my log, here's the whole list of warranty work done since Feb 2017:
-Driver seat clicking (they "fixed" it with ghetto tube clamps, but I ended up fixing it again with the appropriate sized shaft collars)
-Floppy passenger side sun visor (does not fully stay up)
-Reverse camera would not turn on intermittently (unable to replicate by dealer, not addressed)
-Rattling when closing the rear hatch (turned out to be loose screws holding the rear hatch cover directly underneath the spoiler)
-HG recall
-Valve cover oil leak (due to HG recall) x2 trips: not enough sealant at cam gear area and then had to come back due to bad/damaged inner seals around spark plugs
-Shift selector housing leak (was told it was "normal" by 3 dealers, ended up fixing it myself)

Over all, not bad, but still more than i would like for a new car
I hate my floppy a$$ passenger side sun visor. The wife doesn't even want to ride in the front anymore because it doesn't let her see out the window. I'm making an appointment ASAP
The damn visor cant even hold up a sun reflector from the passenger side.

Question though...do you need to go to the dealer you bought it from?

·
Registered
717 Posts
I hate my floppy a$$ passenger side sun visor. The wife doesn't even want to ride in the front anymore because it doesn't let her see out the window. I'm making an appointment ASAP

Nah, you don't. Any dealer can service your vehicle including file necessary warranty paperwork. I originally bought my car from another dealer, but decided to start going to a closer one for work instead

·
Registered
1,705 Posts

Ya, sounds like its a very common issue. At first, the dealer tried to place the blame on me since they saw my heavy duty covercraft sunshield in the car, saying it was the weight of it that caused the visor to prematurely fail, so I took it to a different one.

Which brings me to your question: No, warranty work can be done by any Ford dealer. I bought my car from out of state 400mi away, so that would have been a huge issue if that were the case lol

1 - 20 of 43 Posts