Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying, don't shoot the messenger!

My daughter and her fiancée in the UK went to an RS launch show in Birmingham today. They are both in the auto industry, not at Ford, but he has also had two mk2 RS from the same Ford dealer. Dealer went with them to the launch. He told them that UK build start has been pushed back to end of May with end of June for first deliveries. Originally UK deliveries were March, so potentially 3 month delay. My daughter is seeing what more she can find out for me later today.

·
Super Moderator
15,474 Posts
why.gif

I had to.

·
Registered
504 Posts
One of 2 things will happen for me if this is true for us. Either I will have a sweet down payment ready or the details on the 17 sti will be revealed with an FA based engi e and I will cancel my order. Haha

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'd be totally OK with a 3 month delay if they made all of our cars MY 2017!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Warning: Speculation ahead...

First version: There is some kind of real delay overall

Second version: they're building cars for regions further away first so that every country more or less gets theirs at the same time for the Spring first batch.

Third version: components for specific markets are delayed so they're pushing back those ones and bumping up cars for other markets.

Man, playing the speculation game hurts my head... Never again lol

·
Registered
320 Posts
One of 2 things will happen for me if this is true for us. Either I will have a sweet down payment ready or the details on the 17 sti will be revealed with an FA based engi e and I will cancel my order. Haha
Both awesome situations. That old engine is the only thing holding me back.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I searched around a little on the Ford-Forum.de site using a translator, hoping to find anything about "Saarlouis delays", etc... Really couldn't find anything at all. Forum doesn't appear to really have much discussion of the RS at all. There may be other forums around, will have to try and look for some later. The translator site is pretty nice though. You just choose the original language, then target language, and insert the URL of the website you want to search.

Free Website Translation Widget/Tool - Translate your Homepage in any language

Have to work this morning, so don't have time to search anymore. Will see if I can dig any overseas tidbits up later.

·
Banned
1,389 Posts
I searched around a little on the Ford-Forum.de site using a translator, hoping to find anything about "Saarlouis delays", etc... Really couldn't find anything at all. Forum doesn't appear to really have much discussion of the RS at all. There may be other forums around, will have to try and look for some later. The translator site is pretty nice though. You just choose the original language, then target language, and insert the URL of the website you want to search.

Have to work this morning, so don't have time to search anymore. Will see if I can dig any overseas tidbits up later.
Gokart3,

I am not sure what one of the words in your thread response means? :confused: What does the third word in the last sentence mean? It is a foreign word to me.

Take Care ;)

YMMV,

MidCow3

·
Registered
320 Posts
That and lack of a hatchback option for me.
If it existed I'd go hatch too this time around, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. I'll just be happy having 60/40 split folding seats in a sedan! My 06 wrx only had a centre pass-through.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Delay

Hi guys over there!

I followed your thread and I have to say two good news:

1 st you do not need the google translator ;) I will translate

2 nd no delay here in Germany, the first members of the fordfocusrs.de forum even got the VIN NO. of their RS`s...with a light delay (for example was palnned for the 4 th and moved to the 19th of Jan.)

In my option everybody can lay back...and relax....my car is still on the 10 of Feb. on schedule no delay (was for March)

Cross my finger for you all....

·
Super Moderator
1,948 Posts
Hi guys over there!

I followed your thread and I have to say two good news:

1 st you do not need the google translator ;) I will translate

2 nd no delay here in Germany, the first members of the fordfocusrs.de forum even got the VIN NO. of their RS`s...with a light delay (for example was palnned for the 4 th and moved to the 19th of Jan.)

In my option everybody can lay back...and relax....my car is still on the 10 of Feb. on schedule no delay (was for March)

Cross my finger for you all....
Thanks for this! Please keep us updated on how your order process goes!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If this were true I would assume there would be at least one up in arms mention of it on the UK forum.....
Based upon some posts on the forum and what my daughter has told me, in the uk they seem to have always got better information. The whole process was better handled over there! They were told March and now June. If she can find out more I will share.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Based upon some posts on the forum and what my daughter has told me, in the uk they seem to have always got better information. The whole process was better handled over there! They were told March and now June. If she can find out more I will share.
I am keeping my fingers crossed that our Polish friend @TomekRST is right and hopefully we get some firmer detail next week!

"This week was for the tests. 5 pieces was produced on Tuesday, for example. Full throttle production starts on Monday - 35 pieces / day. Believe or not, but my source is really good. Sorry, i can't write more details on my source."

1 - 20 of 30 Posts