Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have you put the Goodyears on your car yet? I still have OE tires on mine. Still have not replaced the original tires from when I got the RS in 2016. I am finally going to change mine out and going with the Exhilarates as well. Season is about to get cold and I know the Super Sports will not be doing well in the cold. I was going to try the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 4 but didn't see a lot of reviews to feel comfortable enough to go with that set.

I actually ended up with the 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. They are a tiny bit bigger than factory, but no issues at all with rubbing. I even did a slight hill hop and didn't bottom out. They're WAY softer than the Cup 2's. I was hoping they would be firmer, but they aren't. Oh well. They're still a great tire. The ride is SO much softer. There seems to be a bit of roll around turns, but as soon as I give it a little gas, the torque vectoring completely mitigates that. Sorry I can't comment on the Goodyear's. I would have them, but ended up getting a great deal on these and took the leap. So far so good.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I actually ended up with the 245/35R19 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+. They are a tiny bit bigger than factory, but no issues at all with rubbing. I even did a slight hill hop and didn't bottom out. They're WAY softer than the Cup 2's. I was hoping they would be firmer, but they aren't. Oh well. They're still a great tire. The ride is SO much softer. There seems to be a bit of roll around turns, but as soon as I give it a little gas, the torque vectoring completely mitigates that. Sorry I can't comment on the Goodyear's. I would have them, but ended up getting a great deal on these and took the leap. So far so good.
Not a problem. I have been tire searching and finally just went with the Goodyear's. Looking to have them installed by next weekend. We shall see how they work. There are a lot of great back roads in VA that I can try them out at.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not a problem. I have been tire searching and finally just went with the Goodyear's. Looking to have them installed by next weekend. We shall see how they work. There are a lot of great back roads in VA that I can try them out at.
Cool. Please let me know how you like them. I was thinking of putting those on my wife's WRX. Yup, I drive through VA regularly too.
I ended up literally JUST getting my tires on at a Ford dealership. Just a word of caution, they totally DESTROYED my rims. We're talking gouges around the edge. I HIGHLY recommend that you take pictures of your rims before hand, mention to the service representative that it's a concern of yours, and thoroughly check the rims before you leave the parking lot. My dealership ended up repairing mine for free, but it was a real hassle. (There were lots of scratches too)

Lastly, you are going to want to loosen and retorque every lug. Every time some shop has taken my tires off, one of the damn lugs is at like 200lb-ft... (they should all be at 100-110)

·
Registered
38 Posts
They don't look bad on the car. First thoughts (driving from the tire shop to my house), I noticed/felt the ride was quieter than the PSS. Highway driving felt smooth compared to the PSS. I am not knocking on the PSS, I really like that tire. Looking forward to summer of 21 and see what tire I can try out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I also had the issue with the lug nuts swelling. Funny, when ever Ford did the tire rotations, they never told me anything. The tire shop showed me and said they recommend for me to get new ones since some of them won't budge. They did get all of them off, and I had to get a new set there. I didn't even know about that. I went on Google and read a few articles after he told me about the lug nuts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Apparently Ford lugs are ****ty, but I'm sure if you keep the torque to 100lb-ft and use a 6 sided socket (as opposed to a 12) they should be fine for 100k miles.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts