Ford Focus RS Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
The C6Z LS7 a "bespoke" engine accodring to GM when it was introduced. then used in the Z28. Also the c4 Zr1 engine was made by mercury marine for GM not inhouse like the LT6..But time will tell...I'm hoping to get one by 2024/25 for my retirement present.

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
761 Posts
It has more in common with the lt5 powered c4 zr1 though. A bespoke engine with a big price jump. It’s going to carry a premium price for decades. Even now those c4s are still expensive.
As a former C4 owner I can tell you for sure that unfortunately the C4, including the ZR-1 never really retained value. It was difficult to give these away. My car sold for $14,000 last June And I really doubt it it would sell for that now. I paid about $39,000 for my car in 1990, adjust that for inflation, ouch, I lost a lot of money.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
C8 Z06 hits the dyno.

Makes 600whp @ 8400rpm and 424wtq @ 6400rpm.

·
Registered
529 Posts
6300-8500 rpm is where its at!! S2000 on steroids!

Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
3,560 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
7 Posts
How the heck are you getting one? I like it but didn’t even try.
I got on a list at a dealership I bought a car from back in 2020. I was put down as #3 on the list but it's a small dealer so they will only get a few allocations a year. I expect mine to come up early 2023. I've checked in with them constantly over the last 2 years XD the sales Manager is the one who texts me directly now XD

·
Registered
529 Posts
Local dealer here has a new 2023 70th aniv 3LT hard top available in Carbon Metallic without the Z51 option. It is a dropped reservation and they want $93K

·
Registered
529 Posts
That has got to be a "base" model...
yes base C8 - 3LT package, I believe the different Z06 packages are designated as 1,2 or 3LZ

Reactions: crepr12

·
Registered
529 Posts
The Z51 option (~$6500) is a must add for the base C8 to even make spending that kind of money worth it. Unfortunately this one did not have that option selected in the build. So not only is it not a Z06/Z07 but it doesnt even have the Z51 performance package option for $93K.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly the regular C8 stingray vette is an absolute amazing bargain if you can get them at MSRP. I personally don't see the reason for go 3 level trim for any Vette. I plan to spec mine as a 2LZ with the Z07 Pack. That alone is right at $150k without even adding the extra custom stuff I would like (interior trim options etc).

·
Registered
32 Posts
I walk into dealerships and cringe at the markups they are making on these specialty performance cars. I was at the local Ford dealership recently and they wanted $200k for a GT 500R $90k+ markup. Maybe a slowing economy, higher interest rates and the end of the Crypto / real estate bubble will make things look different in the next 12 to 18 months🤔

61 - 78 of 78 Posts