Ford Focus RS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I’m 100% positive I can buy a very nice 992 with 140k tomorrow morning. It wouldn’t even take a lot of work.
991 4Ss with low mileage are going for selling for 130k. There is such low inventory of new 992s that I doubt your dealer will even entertain an offer for 140k unless you're a prized repeat customer. But in case you are a master negotiator, I'd love to see you try.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I’m surprised (kinda) GM doesn’t put a cap on markups. Doesn’t that defeat the affordable super car idea?
For me it’s simple. No clutch, no deal. All that spectacular other stuff, doesn’t matter. During the “RIDE”...that’s all you’re doing, is riding.
You've gotta keep in mind that automakers can't fulfill demand right now due to the supply chain collapse. They really can't be strongarming demands to dealers trying to keep the lights on when their lots are empty. This is the bread and butter of a GM dealership:

And they can't be delivered because they're waiting for chips. Tens of thousands of highly profitable trucks just sitting out in the sun for months waiting for one tiny, crucial component.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If GM puts this in the outgoing camaro for its last hurrah, they should bring back the z06. I'm confident it would beat the heavy ass 20+ GT500. Power dont mean a thing when you cant put it to the ground, also 4100lb track car is nuts. I'd expect the camaro (probably z28) to weigh less than a supercharge ZL1.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
If GM puts this in the outgoing camaro for its last hurrah, they should bring back the z06. I'm confident it would beat the heavy ass 20+ GT500. Power dont mean a thing when you cant put it to the ground, also 4100lb track car is nuts. I'd expect the camaro (probably z28) to weigh less than a supercharge ZL1.
You mean the Z28.

Z06 is a Vette specific code.

Z28 was generally considered the high performance Camaro. Though in some years, the code didn't hold much water as it could be equipped with the least powerful Toilet Bowl Injection (TBI) 305 which made a whopping 160hp.

Reactions: nightrod

·
Registered
301 Posts
So, I'm really annoyed. I had money down on the Z06 since last year. I agreed to $10k ADM. The dealer said they now want $40k ADM or they kick you to the back of the line. I canceled my order and got my money back, and it's left a really bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
2018 Race Red Ford Focus RS, Chicago
761 Posts
So, I'm really annoyed. I had money down on the Z06 since last year. I agreed to $10k ADM. The dealer said they now want $40k ADM or they kick you to the back of the line. I canceled my order and got my money back, and it's left a really bad taste in my mouth.
ADM was the issue I had with the GT500. Everyone wanted way over sticker price, I don’t have a GT500 and probably will never buy another Ford, that’s because of the poor dealerships I encountered, not the vehicle or brand itself. Ford lost a lifetime, up until recently Fanatic. I will buy something else next time.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Nom Nom Nom, I wants the precious. If GM offered a 10 year loan, I'd slap my downpayment down.

• Wow
Reactions: big jim

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Apparently, love change financial decisions in life.

That's what I was told.
We’ll. It’s a bespoke engine. I foresee this model holding its value.

wouldn’t do an extended loan on a normal c8. Those of just pickupslightly used and do a 4/5 year loan.

• Haha
Reactions: nicklulu

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
The LS7 in the C6Z was "bespoke" until GM slapped it in a camaro ....I want the C8Z, its just a matter of when. I just can't do ADM..So I have to wait...Extended loans on any vehicle is never a good move...jmho...to each their own

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
The embargo is over, all the reviews are dropping now.

• Love
Reactions: crepr12 and big jim

·
Registered
301 Posts
I'm hoping to buy one for MSRP or close to it in 2-3 years. I called close to 50 dealers, most are asking for large markups, and a few have very long lines for MSRP. I had my money down for $10k over MSRP at Boardwalk Chevy in Redwood City, CA, but they refused to honor it, and wanted $40K ADM to stay in line. I had them refund my deposit, and now I'm not in line anywhere.

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
I'm hoping to buy one for MSRP or close to it in 2-3 years. I called close to 50 dealers, most are asking for large markups, and a few have very long lines for MSRP. I had my money down for $10k over MSRP at Boardwalk Chevy in Redwood City, CA, but they refused to honor it, and wanted $40K ADM to stay in line. I had them refund my deposit, and now I'm not in line anywhere.
I don't think these cars are ever going to be as easily attainable as say C5-C7z's. I don't think they'll get produced in the same number.

But I will also keep an eye on their prices and if one shows up in my price range, I'm definitely jumping on it.

Reactions: crepr12

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
Patience will pay off; the C8Z isn't a limited-edition GM will build as many as possible...
It has more in common with the lt5 powered c4 zr1 though. A bespoke engine with a big price jump. It’s going to carry a premium price for decades. Even now those c4s are still expensive.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts