Ford Focus RS Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Not yet.
That Polish video is a crock of shi7.
I reckon both of those peanuts sandbagged the RS.
There is no way in hell that Yaris would make that much ground on the RS.
Im calling bullshi7 and standing by that belief, until I race my mate.
IMHO, the press has to make a big deal out of everything new. That’s what sells there news.
Thats what gets them invited to track tests, or better yet, test cars to thrash.
Some person’s opinion. Who’s doing the driving? A pro? Or a journalist.
I quit putting faith in this kind of drool in the 70s / 80s super bike wars.
“If I don’t get one I’ll be 2nd” How embarrassing

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
IMHO, the press has to make a big deal out of everything new. That’s what sells there news.
Thats what gets them invited to track tests, or better yet, test cars to thrash.
i agree. its definitely a big $ bizz promoting and reviewing motorsports vehicles these days. but fun too...cuz these cars are really impressive now...and just keep getting a lot better.
heck...look at the folks on youtube now making a comfy career from just modding cars...racing cars...reviewing cars...owning and showing off their cars.

·
Registered
78 Posts
You are 100% correct, automotive journalists are biased in their reviews.

They have to present the sugar coated truth so that manufacturers lend them vehicles to review in the future. No manufacturer is going to loan you one of their vehicles so you can tell potential buyers how bad a car it is.

It’s also in their best interest to promote the latest and greatest because that’s what gets the most views. No one wants to read a review about a terrible car.

Unfortunately a lot of reviews that come out are misleading or inaccurate.
When the RS came out I remember one Australian journalist called the car comfortable on country roads. At that point I knew they hadn’t driven the car.

I can recall another article saying the RS was completely sold out in Australia. I rang 3 separate dealerships to confirm what the article said. Every dealership I called said they had allocations left, and they were not sold out.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Surprised by all the conspiracy theories here.
Remember when the RS came out and people made similar claims? Its like history repeating.

The Yaris GR is a proper quick car. The numbers are not that different to the stock RS.

Having driven the Yaris, it does feel just as fast off the mark until the RS gets going. Then the RS feels a lot stronger.
The one thing people dont talk about is the steering, the Yaris is Porsche like unbelievably good.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
May be as fast off the mark, but it ain't gonna pull that many car lengths, as it did in that video.
No way in hell.

Reactions: GmpaJimj

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts
You guys talking about this video:

The Yaris is a very impressive car, along the lines of the ST, WRX...... for 3 cylinders; very impressive car indeed.

How they portrayed it in this video..... more fluff than fact.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
I don’t know anything about 3 cyl. engines. I can’t believe they can make up a 90 HP difference that well. Czysta bzura!!
Nice bridge though.

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts
I don’t know anything about 3 cyl. engines. I can’t believe they can make up a 90 HP difference that well. Czysta bzura!!
Nice bridge though.

IIRC the current UK Fiesta ST is also 3 cyls.

·
Super Moderator
16,672 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts
Here is another good comparo:

The JCW actually performed well for being stock to stock.

It would have done better with upgraded tires.

@geargrinder , what do you think?

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts
Mini JCW was a consideration. I like the looks. I just couldn’t warm up to that dash. A little to Bohemian.

I had the same thought till I saw it in person.

The JCW and the GR Yaris is on the same class and price range at this point.

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,084 Posts
That would be a closer comparo than it to the RS

81 - 95 of 95 Posts