Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered

Registered
I just saw one a few moments ago.
Looks quite interesting.

Registered
I'm sure I heard somewhere that Toyota is bringing the "power from the yaris to the corolla hatch". Not sure how true that is, but if it is, would be wonderful! Turbo AWD corolla? move over Takumi, it's Bunta time!

Reactions: Si2RS and nicklulu

Super Moderator

Registered
The regular Yaris starts off even lighter than a Fiesta ST. :). It still gained a few hundred lbs.

View attachment 346863
Wow you are right. It is crazy to me that you can still buy a 2300# car these days.

Focus base hatch is just over 2900 so both the Focus and Yaris gained about 500 from their base model to the AWD rally special.

If that holds true then a GR Corolla hatch will weigh over 3500#. Ouch. It鈥檒l need more than that 3cyl...

Registered
It鈥檚 not just the motor and drivetrain, it鈥檚 also the suspension. The GR Yaris has a ground-up redesign specificly for the rally team. It鈥檚 a full-on homologation special. Just the motor and difs in a bigger/fatter eco no car chassis is not exciting. But I鈥檇 buy the GR Yaris in a heartbeat.

Registered
Oh look, another euro dyno video where the engine magically makes "engine hp" when being dynode on a chassis dyno.

God I hate that crap. Report the power as measured at the wheels, since that is where you took it.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts