Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I would love to have a white one in my stable with the track pack. Alas, not possible in the United States.

Notes:
Weight = 2,816 lb
1.6L 3 cylinder 257HP
4wd with optional front/rear Torsen LSD
CF roof, aluminum hood, doors and hatch
18" forged wheels, bigger brakes than a new Supra (356mm 2-piece front 4-pot)

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I love how this exists but sad I will never own one. About as close to a rally "homologation special" as we're gonna get these days.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
We get them over here.
Mate has one on order, he is hoping to get it in the next few weeks, can't wait to go for a drive in it....

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Tunersedge here in Australia just got theirs and put it straight on the dyno from the dealer......

The aircon was on the first couple of runs.

Re-run it's made 155kw @ all 4 with no AC. Ambient temp is 27c.

Making 15psi at 2,000 rpm, spikes to 26psi and tapers off to 20psi and then stars to drop over 5,000rpm

·
Registered
773 Posts
Wow, if they could add a trick AWD system and keep it around 2800 lbs it makes you wonder if Ford could’ve shaved some more weight off the RS.

I know it’s smaller than a Focus, but 600 lbs is a lot...

·
Registered
149 Posts
The Golf R will be my RS replacement when the day comes.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I'd sell my Focus for one if they came to the states. Not because the GR is necessarily better than the Focus, but because it's just too exciting and silly of a car to pass up. Really disappointed we won't get it.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Wow, if they could add a trick AWD system and keep it around 2800 lbs it makes you wonder if Ford could’ve shaved some more weight off the RS.

The regular Yaris starts off even lighter than a Fiesta ST. :). It still gained a few hundred lbs.

·
Registered
839 Posts

MK3 chassis is FKN massive compared to a Yaris. A fiesta is better suited for comparison purposes. ................Also Ford has always and I say always done an RS on an outgoing chassis design. So we have in literal terms 2008-ish era uni body design work for a commercial release of a 2012 MK3 chassis worldwide.
Have you been in a Yaris, lol. (y)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Another review of it.

·
Registered
507 Posts

You wouldn't fit in a Yaris lol

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
I've been looking at this line since the first unboxing I saw in 2018:

Reactions: aheadlan

·
Registered
490 Posts
No doubt it is an awesome machine and in Aus the first 1000 were priced very well.
But yes, the Yaris is not a practical platform, the rear seats are not useable and the boot space is terrible.

I also suspect it will be quicker on the track than the RS.....

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
No doubt it is an awesome machine and in Aus the first 1000 were priced very well.
But yes, the Yaris is not a practical platform, the rear seats are not useable and the boot space is terrible.

I also suspect it will be quicker on the track than the RS.....

Power to weight ratio is an advantage on this car.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yep. Bastards.
Can't really blame them, just look at the subcompact market in the US- Fiesta, Fit, Yaris, Sonic, Fiat 500 are all discontinued. AFAIK, only the Mini Cooper and Nissan Versa are still sold here. It would make no sense for Toyota to federalize a niche 40k hyperhatch with limited practicality. I guess people said the same thing about the Focus RS at one point, but at least the base Focus was still a profitable car for Ford to make the campaign worthwhile.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Can't really blame them, just look at the subcompact market in the US-...
Yeah, but they are bastards for teasing us on Twitter with shots of the car and asking who was ready for a new special performance car in the US, only later to reveal that it isn't the full-on homologation special GR Yaris we are getting but the same motor in a normal heavy dumb Corolla.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yeah, but they are bastards for teasing us on Twitter with shots of the car and asking who was ready for a new special performance car in the US, only later to reveal that it isn't the full-on homologation special GR Yaris we are getting but the same motor in a normal heavy dumb Corolla.
Ha yeah, that was a low blow to American enthusiasts. But I wouldn't write off the Corolla GR just yet depending on whether or not it gets the Yaris GR's AWD system (still unconfirmed). Even if it doesn't, it should still be a worthy contender against the likes of the GTI and Veloster N. We now know Toyota has the capability to make an excellent hot hatch.

·
Premium Member
4,796 Posts
Ha yeah, that was a low blow to American enthusiasts. But I wouldn't write off the Corolla GR just yet depending on whether or not it gets the Yaris GR's AWD system (still unconfirmed). Even if it doesn't, it should still be a worthy contender against the likes of the GTI and Veloster N. We now know Toyota has the capability to make an excellent hot hatch.

Like the "Hatch"iRoku?

😁

Sorry can't help myself.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts