Ford Focus RS Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
To get more buyers, Subaru is offering a special 3.49% rate for up to 63 months!

You could almost buy 2 STIs for 1 S209; or buy 1 STI, spend $15k going nuts on mods, then put $12k back into the bank for a new engine!
Not sure how that's special at all, Ford offered me like 2.9% for 80 something months lol.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
@Yomny haha yea, I could see a 0% or even a 0.9% as "special." But I have a 3.84% on my RS, so 3.49% doesn't seem that special? Oh well. $6k to finance the car over 63mo though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Maybe purists will go for this, for the money they're going into porsche, m3/m2 territory. Also that EJ is old, prob going to be replaced in the next gen STI so not the best investment. Maybe im a bit hatefull towards the EJ, since my 2015 STi blew the ringlands on the pistons with less than 5k on the motor(stock). All in all, nice thread to pour opinions into.

I have a feeling that with only 209 being made these things will be sold way over MSRP.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
i read somewhere that this 209 will be the last model to have that engine,

Also that EJ is old, prob going to be replaced in the next gen STI so not the best investment. Maybe im a bit hatefull towards the EJ, since my 2015 STi blew the ringlands on the pistons with less than 5k on the motor(stock).

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts

Financing is available! Special deal makes it a little easier to afford the $64,880 Subaru STI S209

It might not convince many doubters, but it could make the limited-edition Subaru a little more attainable for true believers

·
Super Moderator
15,472 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
For that price I would rather own a BMW M4. That Subaru still has a crappy EJ25 in it at the end of the day that was one of the dino attractions from Jurassic Park.
You could take all that money and buy a tune and coil overs etc for a base STi or buy a used GTR or Z06.
Subaru used to actually deck there cars out with cool stuff. Now its all about limited edition paint jobs, wheels and bigger spoilers

Cobb AP(675.00usd) + base STi($37,895) S209 341 stock HP($64,880)
38,570- 64,880 is a staggering $26,310 difference
S209 64,880 =4.5 secs 0-60 Base Focus RS 4.6 secs 0-60 Source car and driver,Cobbtuning,SOA

If you care about track times and not HP than you could buy a full suspension setup like most track only people do for a dedicated race car.
I don't get it but to each their own.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts