Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

Premium Member
Only 209 will be sold in the US.... HMMmmmmmmm.

0-60mph 4.9 secs

Price is rated around $36k....... but I won't be surprise if it goes like $50k due to the limited release.

uses an I/C spray, reminds me of the LanEvo 8.

Registered
Only 209 will be sold in the US.... HMMmmmmmmm.

0-60mph 4.9 secs

Price is rated around $36k....... but I won't be surprise if it goes like $50k due to the limited release.

uses an I/C spray, reminds me of the LanEvo 8.
I would actually expect the S209 to be around $45K - the STI Limited is almost $43K and the RA is $50k, so this one should be somewhere in the middle.

Registered
I believe the s209 is targeted for a $60k msrp.

Owed a few STI, all with tuned motors, upgraded coil over suspension, exhaust upgrade, short shifters, sticky performance tires and many other goodies. My RS with tune, stiffer rear sway bar, and short shifter has better handling, turn-in, power delivery and over all handling than those cars. The S209 is an modest upgrade over the existing STI so I'd stay with the RS....especially at over $50k msrp for Suby.

Premium Member
The exclusivity though. ;)

Coming from 2 Evos though, that will be a hard pill to swallow for me.

But for the $$$, I would stick with my RS. Stock to Stock seems that the RS has an edge on the S209

Registered
The exclusivity though. ;)

Coming from 2 Evos though, that will be a hard pill to swallow for me.

But for the $$$, I would stick with my RS. Stock to Stock seems that the RS has an edge on the S209
Don't you miss your Evos?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Premium Member
I do, from time to time.

My daughter was hoping that it would have been her first car, but the Freight-Liner driver made it not to be.

Premium Member
Well, the Type RA was $50k and there were 500, so I'd be shocked if the S209 was less than $60k. Very happy I kept the $10k in ym pocket and bought an 18 RS instead of the Black RA I had ordered. Very curious to see how this S209 stands up to the RS and CTR.

A blue Type RA popped up locally on my adds on FB for about $41k, 10k mi. Was going to go look at it, but it sold the same day as listing. Was hoping to go hoon around in it for a few miles. :p

Super Moderator

Registered
I've had every generation STI and even my 2nd car was a GL10 Turbo sedan back in 96. I still have my fully built 04 for AutoX and hillclimb's. But at this point I'm sick of them and want to try something new. I'll be picking up and purchasing my first Ford of my life tomorrow afternoon. Frozen White '16 RS with the winter wheel set.

I've had every generation STI and even my 2nd car was a GL10 Turbo sedan back in 96. I still have my fully built 04 for AutoX and hillclimb's. But at this point I'm sick of them and want to try something new. I'll be picking up and purchasing my first Ford of my life tomorrow afternoon. Frozen White '16 RS with the winter wheel set.
You won't regret it.
The RS is a beast. I had gc8 STi.
Welcome to the club.
Photos of the beast welcome.

Waiting for the review.
Congrats mate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts