Ford Focus RS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked with someone from FPRS and he said he had no idea and Ford hadn’t let anyone know if there would be a 2019 or not, but he wasn’t particularly helpful. Anyone else heard anything about it? It’d really love to be able to go

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
Checking with RSAA right now. I'd say there's a chance since 2018 RSAA slots were filled with the remaining MY17 and some MY18 owners. 600 slots were filled this time around so there "could" be another RSAA but with not as many dates being offered. I'll post what I find out. Normally we'll hear something toward the end of the season.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
I think it really depends if they felt they had enough events with open sits in later 2018 to have accommodated all of the 2018 RS buyers. Remember, while the cars are just sitting on the lot they've already made all 1000(+2) 2018 models for US they are going to make. It would be nice to see the program go another year for those that by later this year from dealer stock to give the buyer a whole year to schedule as advertised, but short production year for them and such.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checking with RSAA right now. I'd say there's a chance since 2018 RSAA slots were filled with the remaining MY17 and some MY18 owners. 600 slots were filled this time around so there "could" be another RSAA but with not as many dates being offered. I'll post what I find out. Normally we'll hear something toward the end of the season.

Awesome. Thanks! I appreciate the update

·
Super Moderator
16,046 Posts
I just received word that there will be a 2019 RSAA for MY18 owners with a smaller amount of session dates offered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
That's good to hear. I need to call and get more details from the line listed on the registry site. I would be a very unhappy customer if there was no more offered. Basically would mean a slap in the face to the '18 owners. Which would be not pleasant haha. Especially after receiving my sign-up brochure last week.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just received word that there will be a 2019 RSAA for MY18 owners with a smaller amount of session dates offered.
Well that’s depressing since I’m a ‘17 haha

·
Registered
555 Posts
So I think that part of the decision process hinges on whether Ford will still have access to the facility. One one the instructors mentioned to us that Ford's lease agreement at the track is up in 2019 and it might not be renewed. Which sucks if they don't cause it's a fantastic facility !!

·
Registered
30 Posts
So do you need to own a 2018 to get 2019 date? What happen if you buy a 2017 New right now? or it don't really matter what year you got?

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
You have one year from date of your purchase. So if you bought a brand new 2017 today then, in theory, you have until May 8 2019.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
So I think that part of the decision process hinges on whether Ford will still have access to the facility. One one the instructors mentioned to us that Ford's lease agreement at the track is up in 2019 and it might not be renewed. Which sucks if they don't cause it's a fantastic facility !!
That will be disappointing. That place is awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Agreed, great site. But, if that site falls though they should look at VIR. Then I could go just to go.

·
Registered
31 Posts
There should be an extension for those of us that can't book because all the dates are full. I was excited to attend when I got my offer in the mail, but that quickly turned when I went to register and everything was full.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
There should be an extension for those of us that can't book because all the dates are full. I was excited to attend when I got my offer in the mail, but that quickly turned when I went to register and everything was full.
The RSAA has been over booked since it opened. Call them and discuss it. I was able to book a date a full 16 months after I bought the car.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yep same here. I was looking forward to the AA but it is completely booked for 2018. Hopefully it will run again in 2019.

·
Registered
520 Posts
How long after purchase is the invite/welcome package typically expected? I bought mine 2 weeks ago and was just wondering. Who could I contact to inquire about it?

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts