5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_6059.JPG
IMG_6061.JPG

Thoughts /opinions?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
Thoughts? Cool car and I wish Mercedes would bring it to the U.S., but that seems unlikely. And given their price point in Europe, it would likely be more than I'd be willing to spend anyway. Dammit.

·
Registered
83 Posts
would definitely be a competitor and consideration if i haven't bought the RS.
wait... we don't get the A klasse in north america. wait until the CLA GLA get this new update may be.

·
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The real question is will they have fixed the inherent understeer and will it drift?

·
Registered
523 Posts
I've driven a 2017 one. It's a blast.... Great car. But, agree on the understeer comment. I would love to see it more towards a 50/50 torque delivery (F/R).

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Good lord that is a lot of power from a 2l.

·
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
It has an engine made by the same processes as ours but uses more exotic materials and has both air to air and an liquid to air intercoolers.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
What platform is the a45 built on? Is it a fancified golf r?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
There is a difference? Lol.

So you're suggesting it's merc sprinter van underneath?

It's got to share the platform with something. Just curious.

Eta: I looked it up, cuz I felt dumb. Lol. Oddly it shares its underpinnings with an infinity qx30. Or the qx30 borrows it from benz.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_A-Class

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Probably a fiat

·
Registered
659 Posts

Eta: I looked it up, cuz I felt dumb. Lol. Oddly it shares its underpinnings with an infinity qx30. Or the qx30 borrows it from benz.
Hence my comment. It's a benz, they make their own platforms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
523 Posts

Mercedes and Renault/Nissan alliance have a good interchange of technologies for many platforms. You see both Merc parts in Renault/Nissan cars and vice-versa. An example is the Renault 1.5dCI engine for the Mercede A-Class A200 CDI car.

But in the case of the A45, the engine is 100% mercedes. It's a very nice peace of technology with water-exchange charge air intercoolers for example. It's very responsive with a beautiful torque delivery (at least the 380ps one I driven).

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like the numbers and the nicer interior but I would rather buy and Audi RS3 that comes out instead of that for the price. But I doubt Mercedes would even spend all the money to have it come over here. Thats a lot of crashed cars just to be able to sell them here.

·
5,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)

May 1, 2019

BY:*CHRIS BRUCE,*Editor

The Mercedes-AMG A45 gets a drink at the gas station and then hits the track.

The*Mercedes-AMG A45*is on the way with an expected debut at the*Frankfurt Motor Show*in September. Ahead of the big unveiling, the engineers continue to develop the hot hatch at the*Nürburgring, and this video catches it at work.*

Mercedes has already confirmed the major details about the A45's powertrain. It packs a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that produces*383 horsepower (286 kilowatts) in the base model and*416 hp (310 kW) from the S trim. Both versions use an eight-speed dual-clutch gearbox.*

The A-Class rides on Mercedes' compact vehicle platform for front- or all-wheel-drive models. The AMG engineers work some magic with this setup by using different AWD tech than other models that allow for a tail-happy*Drift mode, which you would generally only see on a rear-drive automobile. Two clutches balance the output between the back wheels can send 100 percent of the torque to a single corner if necessary.

Compared to the*already spicy A35, the hotter A45 wears the Panamericana grille with an array of vertical slats. There are also larger side sills. A revised rear bumper makes room for the dual exhausts on each side, rather than the single pipe exiting from each corner of the A35.

We don't yet have an exceptional view inside the A45, but the glimpses from spy shots suggest the cabin is similar to the A35. The differences would include tiny tweaks like different trim and possibly more heavily bolstered seats.

While the A45 hatch won't be available in the United States, Americans will be able to experience the same powertrain in the*CLA 45. The speedy sedan will arrive a little while after the five-door variant.

images.jpeg.jpg
10.jpg
https://www.motor1.com/news/347421/mercedes-amg-a45-spy-video/

·
Registered
311 Posts
isnt this car just rebranded as the GLA 45 amg in the states?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
About this Discussion
39 Replies
22 Participants
hyracer
Ford Focus RS Forum
FocusRS.org is the largest forum community to discuss the 2016+ Focus RS. Join to talk about performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing